Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The show is on this weekend at the exhibition in Toronto. Half the people I talk to say it's a waste of time and the other half say it's OK .
Of course if I go it gets me out of the snow for a few hours
So maybe.........
RCA

·
Roadbike Rider
1,260 Posts
No, but I will go anyway

The cost is $12 with coupon, plus parking and gas, (if you drive and not ride). This pretty much offsets any bargains unless you plan on spending several hundred. Also it's only partly focused on the stuff I'm interested in like high end road bikes, retro and fixed gear.

Nevertheless I'm going, mostly because I'm obsessive and this feeds my fixation for a few hours. Also I will see some of my buddies and we can rib each other about the winter weight gains

Should I buy a new pair of Sidi Ergo 1 Carbon shoes while I'm there?

·
Registered
60 Posts
RCA said:
The show is on this weekend at the exhibition in Toronto. Half the people I talk to say it's a waste of time and the other half say it's OK .
Of course if I go it gets me out of the snow for a few hours
So maybe.........
RCA
I stopped going years ago, found it was getting too mtn. bike and bmx orientated (got nothing against these two forms of cycling, just not my cup of tea). I find forums like this keep me up to date plus just going to my favourite store in Streetsville the best way to keep updated. Heck I get better deals at the local bike store anyway.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course you should!!!!

Chainstay said:
The cost is $12 with coupon, plus parking and gas, (if you drive and not ride). This pretty much offsets any bargains unless you plan on spending several hundred. Also it's only partly focused on the stuff I'm interested in like high end road bikes, retro and fixed gear.

Nevertheless I'm going, mostly because I'm obsessive and this feeds my fixation for a few hours. Also I will see some of my buddies and we can rib each other about the winter weight gains

Should I buy a new pair of Sidi Ergo 1 Carbon shoes while I'm there?
If you take the time and trouble to drag your feet all the way to the show, the least you can do for them is to give them a glimmer of hope that summer is on the way
RCA

·
Roadbike Rider
1,260 Posts
Save some $$

I went down with some buddies. We parked underground using the West side entrance and found a spot near the NW corner. Took the stairs up, walked through the blue curtains at the top of the stairs and presto we were in the show, saving $12.

I bought some Keo classic pedals and a seat post but it's pretty much like going into a big crowded bike shop, unless you want to watch some of the BMX and MTB stuff. It's not bad going around talking to the tour guys and club guys.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I too stopped going many years ago - I found it too much of a flea market where shops would bring their crap to try to sell to naive consumers.

Ditto on the MTB and BMX content (no disrespect of course). It caters to the masses, and I'm not the masses. I'm SPECIAL, as everyone tells me.

My favourite shop does a much better job of showing me the nice Gucci stuff, no need to wade through the crowd.

I had the chance to go to the Interbike show in Anaheim in 1997. I obtained the autographs of Eddy Merckx and Greg LeMond which I proudly have framed in my workshop. After that, a civilian show would not cut it - it's Interbike or nothing at all. Since I am no longer involved in the bike industry, it's nothing for now...

Thank goodness for the Internet and forums like these...

Dave

·
Registered
60 Posts
This brings up an interesting topic suggestion...autographs

f1junkie said:
I too stopped going many years ago - I found it too much of a flea market where shops would bring their crap to try to sell to naive consumers.

Ditto on the MTB and BMX content (no disrespect of course). It caters to the masses, and I'm not the masses. I'm SPECIAL, as everyone tells me.

My favourite shop does a much better job of showing me the nice Gucci stuff, no need to wade through the crowd.

I had the chance to go to the Interbike show in Anaheim in 1997. I obtained the autographs of Eddie Merckx and Greg LeMond which I proudly have framed in my workshop. After that, a civilian show would not cut it - it's Interbike or nothing at all. Since I am no longer involved in the bike industry, it's nothing for now...

Thank goodness for the Internet and forums like these...

Dave
I have Greg LeMond and Steve Bauer's autograph together on a promotional issue for the Coor's Classics 1986. I had also got to see Benard Hinault close-up, a real short guy but was very fit looking with translucent skin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts