Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Iove my year 2000 Trek 5200; I had a nice workout today riding through my hilly, neighborhood course. However, I also have new bike fever and if I spend money on another Trek carbon fiber road bike, I want to make sure the new bike will be significantly and noticeably better. Which current Trek road bikes, if any, are a vast improvement over my Trek 5200?

· Registered
401 Posts
the sky above said:
I want to make sure the new bike will be significantly and noticeably better.
Then you'll first need to define the exact and specific traits you desire in a road bike...

the sky above said:
Which current Trek road bikes, if any, are a vast improvement over my Trek 5200?
Impossible question to answer. The "improvements" to which you're referring are subjective. Just ride some bikes, and decide for yourself which you like best. :)

· Registered
401 Posts
I assume when you say "stiffer", you're referring to torsional rigidity. Are you more concerned with torsional rigidity at the head tube or the rear triangle?

Despite what many people will tell you, it's actually possible for an increase in stiffness to be <i>detrimental</i> to the overall feel and handling characteristics of the bicycle....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.