Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rep *****.
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keeping up with Junior said:
What did Zipp say when you contacted them? Wouldn't they be the best people to contact for the information you are interested in?
If they had an email address published on their site I would have contacted them. I don't care enough to actually call them so I'm just tossing it out here.

·
wheelbuilder
2,220 Posts
firstrax said:
If they had an email address published on their site I would have contacted them. I don't care enough to actually call them so I'm just tossing it out here.
Their 1800 number is there (800.472.3972). They pick up and are very knowledgable. You would get the fastest answer that way.

-Eric

PS The problem is that those are Z stickers so the previous owner must have changed them because there is no Z clincher. Nothing more can be said about the wheels withou more pics or something.

·
Rep *****.
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
ergott said:
Their 1800 number is there (800.472.3972). They pick up and are very knowledgable. You would get the fastest answer that way.

-Eric

PS The problem is that those are Z stickers so the previous owner must have changed them because there is no Z clincher. Nothing more can be said about the wheels without more pics or something.
These were an industry trade. I didn't want to call and give the impression that I was second guessing the deal. Just curious as to which hub I have.
No A on the spoke end, just SAP on the body. Blade measures 1mm x 2mm (ish). Free hub body is silver.
Thanks.

·
wheelbuilder
2,220 Posts
http://www.zipp.com/support/maintenance_and_repair/2002_202_rear_hub/

I don't know how new they are, but unless these are brand new you have the 202 hub. The 2006 hub is the 182. The internals are supposed to be different, but I imagine the mantainance is the same. I think they all have red frehhub bodies. the 202 hubs were all silver.

If it's an industry guy, it is possilbe that the hubs have the ceramic bearings. I know of one case where they did the swap and the results looked hust like that. I'd ask and while your at it comfirm whether it is the 202 or the 182.

Hope this helps,
Eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.