Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Girlygirl and I rode down to the Capital Criterium to watch Christian Vande Velde (is it two words?) race, and on the way home we stopped into one of our many fine LBS's so I could try on a pair of Lake road shoes. Amazingly, they fit, but since I didn't have that kind of cashish on me, I had to come home first and go back with some moolah.

When I got back, the guy who had helped me with the shoes said, I'll get your shoes--is it Bikeboy3-something or other?

Color me gobsmacked. Turns out it was Overstuffed, now known as Stagehand (which is good, because he's totally understuffed--very svelte). He said he recognized me from the pumpkin shirt pic.

How awesome is that?

And it turns out that the Lake CX330 fits ever so close to the same as Sidi Megas. I went up a size, and now have room for an insole or winter socks. Noice.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
bikeboy389 said:
So Girlygirl and I rode down to the Capital Criterium to watch Christian Vande Velde (is it two words?) race, and on the way home we stopped into one of our many fine LBS's so I could try on a pair of Lake road shoes. Amazingly, they fit, but since I didn't have that kind of cashish on me, I had to come home first and go back with some moolah.

When I got back, the guy who had helped me with the shoes said, I'll get your shoes--is it Bikeboy3-something or other?

Color me gobsmacked. Turns out it was Overstuffed, now known as Stagehand (which is good, because he's totally understuffed--very svelte). He said he recognized me from the pumpkin shirt pic.

How awesome is that?

And it turns out that the Lake CX330 fits ever so close to the same as Sidi Megas. I went up a size, and now have room for an insole or winter socks. Noice.

You moreon. I got all excited that maybe I could get unfailness back with the PUMPKIN shirt. I was about to PM you. PFFT!!!!

·
9,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jupiterrn said:
You moreon. I got all excited that maybe I could get unfailness back with the PUMPKIN shirt. I was about to PM you. PFFT!!!!
Hey, I don't have it. Last I heard, Joe had it, but I bet he's passed it on by now. But you should definitely get it--it gets you recognized in all the finer establishments. And it's a holy relic.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
bikeboy389 said:
Hey, I don't have it. Last I heard, Joe had it, but I bet he's passed it on by now. But you should definitely get it--it gets you recognized in all the finer establishments. And it's a holy relic.

Oh I have a plan........

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
I wondered how long it would take to get a thread up.

I knew you lived in the area, but I was surprised I'd never seen you for a tube or anything in the shop.

Just for you, a new avatar.

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
Oh, and the rbr kit you were wearing when you came in the first time was a pretty good push in the right direction.

·
9,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
StageHand said:
I wondered how long it would take to get a thread up.

I knew you lived in the area, but I was surprised I'd never seen you for a tube or anything in the shop.

Just for you, a new avatar.
Dude, I posted this as soon as I got home. If you had just asked my handle because of the RBR jersey, that would have been one thing. But to tell me my handle because you recognized me, well, that's something else entirely.

I've been in a number of times--inexpensive threaded headset here, tires there, bottle cages (I think), other small stuff. Bought one of your woolly jerseys for a friend once. Guess we just missed each other.

·
I Type, Therefore I Am
1,641 Posts
I think this thread needs an official update of the pumpkin shirt status. C'mon people!! Who has it?

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
If I had it.... I'd never wear anything else for parties or whatever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts