Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NewRider
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need your opinions. Background is I bought an 07 LeMond Versailles from Nault's Cyclery in Manchester NH. I took it back after a couple days to exchange it for the 05 LeMond BA. The LBS was very nice and allowed me to do the exchange with no penalty.

They transferred the cage and SPDs which is all I have on the bike right now, fitted me, examined the bike to make sure gears were changing easily etc and I brought it home. That night I cleaned it up since it was training when I took the bike for a ride at the LBS.

And I noticed this crack (see attached pics). Called the LBS, first thing he said was take a photo of the crack and email it to me. Later I realized that since he examined the bike before he must have noticed it. If he didnt I would have expected him to show some surprise and say hey it wasnt there when I was working on it yesterday but he didnt

Please see the pics and let me know what you think. Only the first one is clear, but you can see the crack in the other 2 if you look closely

Thanks!!

·
The web is a MUT
1,380 Posts
It looks like your camera has an autofocus that is focusing on the floor instead of the tube. Have someone hold a sheet of paper behind the tube and see if that improves the clarity/focus.

I've got a little sticker on the stem of one of my bikes that I've been trying to get a picture of, nearly impossible to get a digital pic of it, I'll probably need a DSLR with a manual focus lens before I can get a decent pic taken.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Hey, those are great shots of a banana. MB1, you've gotten snobby from taking so many great photos! :) :) :)

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Is that the rear triangle? Probably the clear sticker they put there to protect against chainslap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.