Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8,000 Posts
foz said:
I think I've found a company that sells the niobium 30mm rims in the UK: http://www.halorims.com/HaloNew/mercury.html but I'm not totally sure that they're the same as the kinlin and other more well known niobium rims. Can anyone with more knowledge than I have either confirm, deny, or give an educated opinion?

thanks, foz
Sure looks like it.

· Registered
1,350 Posts
Ligero said:
I have seen that Halo rim in person and it was a 30mm Kinlin rim and was not even close to 415g like they claim.
OMFG!! Somebody's lying about the weight of a rim??? Alert the Media!! :p

But other than that, definitely it's the one. I paid only $60 US for mine, so isn't that like 10 UK pounds or something? I don't know... I heard the dollar is only good for toilet tissue in Europe....

· naranjito
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone

I thought the weight seemed very low, but apart from that it does look like it's a Nio 30. 50 GBP (97 USD at today's rate) is pricey for a rim, but I haven't been able to find the niobium rims in any form (kinlin, IRD, etc) anywhere here in europe, so I was pretty excited to find a source. I didn't notice that they're only available in 16 or 24 though, so thats a bummer. I'd like 24F/28R, so if anyone knows of somewhere to get them in europe, please let me know!

thanks

· Registered
838 Posts
foz said:
I thought the weight seemed very low, but apart from that it does look like it's a Nio 30. 50 GBP (97 USD at today's rate) is pricey for a rim, but I haven't been able to find the niobium rims in any form (kinlin, IRD, etc) anywhere here in europe, so I was pretty excited to find a source. I didn't notice that they're only available in 16 or 24 though, so thats a bummer. I'd like 24F/28R, so if anyone knows of somewhere to get them in europe, please let me know!

thanks
Try emailing Mike at Odds and Endos or Eric at Ergott wheels, either of them will most likely sell you a pair of rims. Eric's email is ergott at gmail.com and I do not know Mikes email because I just always call him when I need to talk to him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.