Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,751 Posts
SCAM!!!

My advice...stay away from any cycling merchants in Indonesia.

Company Name:

Agucycles

Company Address:

Jl Raya Wangun 234 Rt 004/04, Bogor, Jawa Barat, Indonesia

Zip/Postal Code:

·
Registered
90 Posts
2013 CERVELO R3 FRAMESET

Scam? I don't know. Some websites say it's okay, and others say no?
Scam 99%, contact address is in Indonesia, they will only take wire transfer, no credit card no paypal. Wire transfer is one way ticket for scam with no way to get your money back.

There's still 1% chance they're for real, if you decide to give it a go, please, let us know how it turns out.

Stay away from any bike site that origin at Indonesia, not that Im against them, it's just the way it is, hell I was born there ...

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Heheh, they're also selling "Colnago" or "Pinarello" framesets for around $2500 or so. You know, the same framesets that you can order directly from these manufacturers, for $5-6k. Yep, those deals must be for real...

IMO even the real R3 is not worth that anyway :)
Well, yeah, but that's a different story... Of course, given that manufacturing a carbon frameset, any carbon frameset, costs maybe 300-500 bucks (500 if it's hand-painted), none of the high-end framesets is worth what they cost. Not a single one, not by a long, long shot. But, like I said, that's a different story.

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,751 Posts
However, if Agucycles will gladly send the frame based on a wire tranfser payment from your Bank of Nigeria account, then go for it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I've had very good luck ordering various small trinkets direct from China. I don't know if I've bought anything from Indonesia though.

If the part is "made in China", then I would have no problems buying it from China, although I suppose there is still the risk of snagging a counterfeit on a high-end item, or getting end quality lower than you might expect.

The company you pointed out seems to have items from multiple manufacturers with no real reason why they should be in Indonesia, so I also find it at least suspicious. Even if the bikes actually exist, they're likely counterfeits.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
What amazes me is that they must know most of the cycling community realizes these super cheap cycling sites are scams from Indonesia. So why do they put an Indonesian mailing address on their site? Why not just put a US/UK address?

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts
What amazes me is that they must know most of the cycling community realizes these super cheap cycling sites are scams from Indonesia. So why do they put an Indonesian mailing address on their site? Why not just put a US/UK address?
Because that would be misleading.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
A while ago I was following a biodiesel forum.

Every once in a while someone would show up from central Africa offering a super deal selling vegetable oil by the ton.

So, apparently someone had the bright idea to ask these spammers whether they also had Snake Oil.

The next spam postings all listed Snake Oil by the ton too, for almost the same price as the vegetable oil.

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts
A while ago I was following a biodiesel forum.

Every once in a while someone would show up from central Africa offering a super deal selling vegetable oil by the ton.

So, apparently someone had the bright idea to ask these spammers whether they also had Snake Oil.

The next spam postings all listed Snake Oil by the ton too, for almost the same price as the vegetable oil.

Hang around here early in the morning and you can get spam voodoo by the ton.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts