Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
always right sometimes
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for double posting, but I am looking for info on this.

I will be the first to say that I am a Lance fanboy, but geez! After listening to this call from Lemond to the Oakley rep in charge of Lance/Oakley relations I must admit that my opinion of him has changed a bit.

Her name is Stephanie McIlvain. LISTEN TO THE WHOLE THING...IT GETS PRETTY INTERESTING!

Listen here if you wish. Sorry if you ALL have already heard this, but I was not aware of it:

http://53x11.com/docs/greg-lemond-stephanie-mcilvain.mp3

·
Fly on a windshield
1,272 Posts
To most people who frequent not only the "doping forum" but all other forums at RBR, this is old news. You will find that many opinions have already been formed.

·
always right sometimes
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MG537 said:
To most people who frequent not only the "doping forum" but all other forums at RBR, this is old news. You will find that many opinions have already been formed.
Hmm...that is what I figured. Still, I guess it was worth posting for those like myself that have been turning a blind eye to this for way too long...:(

·
Registered
366 Posts
Gee, I never heard this before. I feel sorry for the woman. She asked if she was being taped and he said no. What's the story on that?
Greg sounds like he's leading her in the conversation. Fishing innocently for information.
So what was the out come of this? :confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Let's do some oddball math. If Lance doped...McIlvain knew it but did not report...doesn't that equal accessory...If he is charged with a crime can't she be charged also. Wouldn't that go for all the people who supposedly witnessed the crimes?

·
always right sometimes
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ronnoX said:
Let's do some oddball math. If Lance doped...McIlvain knew it but did not report...doesn't that equal accessory...If he is charged with a crime can't she be charged also. Wouldn't that go for all the people who supposedly witnessed the crimes?
Not sure. It is illegal to smoke marijuana (unless medical). If you have ever witnessed someone smoking it and did not report them...are you an accessory? This would not hold up in court IMHO...pretty sure they will let it slide to get a testimony from her...if and or when necessary..

·
Large blurry non-mythical
1,275 Posts
The sitch with Stephanie is that she has a special-needs son. Her Oakley gig has a good family medical insurance plan, insurance that she'd be either unable to get or be unable to afford if her Oakley employment was to end.

She was called to testify in the lawsuit over the withheld TdF bonus. Lance is a big marketing tool for Oakley, soooo, when it came time to testify....

·
Registered
21 Posts
She was a rep for Oakley. Lance was one of her "clients". She was going to leave Oakley to take care of her child. Lance went to Oakley and ask to be her only "client". Oakley agreed. This basically created a no show job for her. Getting paid, keeping her medical coverage, and staying home except to travel to the Tour.

·
Registered
366 Posts
ronnoX said:
She was a rep for Oakley. Lance was one of her "clients". She was going to leave Oakley to take care of her child. Lance went to Oakley and ask to be her only "client". Oakley agreed. This basically created a no show job for her. Getting paid, keeping her medical coverage, and staying home except to travel to the Tour.
That sounds to me like he was doing her a big favor. So why did she end up hating him if he helped her keep her job and medical coverage. :confused:

·
always right sometimes
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cheddarlove said:
That sounds to me like he was doing her a big favor. So why did she end up hating him if he helped her keep her job and medical coverage. :confused:

Just based on the audio and what her interaction with Lance was, I too am wondering where the hate towards Lance comes from. It almost seems like she was close to girl Lance dated or married and feels like Lance is a prick?? Who knows?

I am sure there was a lot that went on to make her this angry. It is not like she is another male pro cyclist hating on Lance.

Maybe she secretly wants Lance and can't have him....haha.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
rydbyk said:
Just based on the audio and what her interaction with Lance was, I too am wondering where the hate towards Lance comes from. It almost seems like she was close to girl Lance dated or married and feels like Lance is a prick?? Who knows?

I am sure there was a lot that went on to make her this angry. It is not like she is another male pro cyclist hating on Lance.

Maybe she secretly wants Lance and can't have him....haha.

Ya, maybe, ha ha.

·
Registered
244 Posts
rydbyk said:
most of which don't have a whole lot to gain from Lance being found guilty...:(
Disagree.

My guess is that Landis is already starting to write another book. If proof Armstrong doped surfaces, it's only going to allow him to sell more copies. Landis is currently dead-broke and bitter.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If this is Lemond, why is he so vindictive? OK, so he doesn't like LA; a lot of other people don't either. OK, so it seems more and more likely that LA doped and proof is going to come out, but it seems like they all are. I've never believed that Lemond was any cleaner than anyone else.

What does he expect to gain by surreptiously taping this call?

·
Banned
417 Posts
Speedi Pig said:
If this is Lemond, why is he so vindictive? OK, so he doesn't like LA; a lot of other people don't either. OK, so it seems more and more likely that LA doped and proof is going to come out, but it seems like they all are. I've never believed that Lemond was any cleaner than anyone else.

What does he expect to gain by surreptiously taping this call?
Attention.

Narcissistic personality disorder. Loathes the fact that Lance stole his crown.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.