Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to replace a BB on my bike. It has well over 12-15K miles on it and I'm getting a slight creak when I come over the top on the non drive side. My 1st plan is to remove the crank and snug everything up. Eventually I want to replace my chainrings and want to have everything ready for the crank rebuild which leads me to my novice question.

The bike currently has a TruVativ ISIS Drive SL, 68 x 118mm. I can get this exact BB but will the beefier Truvativ Giga Pipe Team DH 68/68E/73x118mm ISIS BB (CR2179) be an exact fit in place of the Truvativ Giga Pipe Team SL 68/68E x118mm ISIS BB (CR2174)?

· Registered
232 Posts
The Giga Pipe Team DH uses a much thicker spindle and 4 bearings (two on each side). I've run both on my mountain bike and actually prefer the SL as its not only lighter (lighter spindle and 3 bearings...two on the driveside), but has SIGNIFICANTLY less drag.

They are interchangeable though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.