Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I just bought a 2002 Litespeed Ghisallo frame. The frame is new & has never been built. I would like to build it up as light as my budget will allow. Here are some parts that I'm thinking of ordering next week. Also I weigh around 160 lbs. max.

Seat: Selle Italia SLR vs. Extralight seat
Headset: King vs. M2 Racer vs. Extralight The Head
Steam: Syntace F99 w/ ti bolt kit
Brakes: Zero Gravity ti
Post: U.S.E. Alien carbon or ???, I think my frame will require 27.2x300
Cables: Nokon
Fork: Easton SLX vs Ouzo Pro, which came w/ the bike.

Any advise would be great.

· Juanmoretime
2,313 Posts
bigtermites said:
Hello all I just bought a 2002 Litespeed Ghisallo frame. The frame is new & has never been built. I would like to build it up as light as my budget will allow. Here are some parts that I'm thinking of ordering next week. Also I weigh around 160 lbs. max.

Seat: Selle Italia SLR vs. Extralight seat
Headset: King vs. M2 Racer vs. Extralight The Head
Steam: Syntace F99 w/ ti bolt kit
Brakes: Zero Gravity ti
Post: U.S.E. Alien carbon or ???, I think my frame will require 27.2x300
Cables: Nokon
Fork: Easton SLX vs Ouzo Pro, which came w/ the bike.

Any advise would be great.
Saddle and post M2Racer, Headset King, Stem The Syntace is fine if the lengths work, they don't for me, otherwise a Ritchey WCS with titanium bolt kit, Nokons are OK unless you live where there is a lot of humidity or ocean air, I would use the Power Cordz and cables and the Easton SLX. The reason I recommend the above is that I have been using them all and have found the to be light, function very well and have long term durability.

· Juanmoretime
2,313 Posts
bigtermites said:
Look like I will be close to the weight limit w/ the M2 Racer post & sadle. Do you think I'm safe to use them @ 160 lbs? Also what do you know about the Extralight & M2 Racer headset?

Thanks
If you are under the recommended maximum I wouldn't hesitate to use either. I weigh about the same as you do and have an M2Racer saddle on the way. I use Chris King for headsets. It is heavier but they are so smooth and last forever. The others work alright just don't expect 5 years of buttery smooth life out of them.

· Banned
2,767 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.