Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've placed about 4 orders through theclymb.com, the most recent was 4 pieces of SKINS compression clothing. I was disappointed with the fit and quality compared to the ones I already own. I decided to return 3 of the pieces and then found out they'd only issue credit, not a refund. It says nothing about this in their polices and procedures, but does make mention on the returns instructions. I only read the policies and procedures before I started ordering. Good thing I never needed to return anything else.
But, I sent them an email and they agreed to issue a refund because "this was my first return". Just got the refund notice and they deducted 6.99 for the shipping refund (which I knew about), but the amounts just didn't add up. I was charged sales tax when I placed the order, but they didn't refund it. I'm waiting to hear back from them on this one, but I believe that's illegal.
I probably won't order from them again unless I know exactly what it is and how it fits.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've placed about 4 orders through theclymb.com, the most recent was 4 pieces of SKINS compression clothing. I was disappointed with the fit and quality compared to the ones I already own. I decided to return 3 of the pieces and then found out they'd only issue credit, not a refund. It says nothing about this in their polices and procedures, but does make mention on the returns instructions. I only read the policies and procedures before I started ordering. Good thing I never needed to return anything else.
But, I sent them an email and they agreed to issue a refund because "this was my first return". Just got the refund notice and they deducted 6.99 for the shipping refund (which I knew about), but the amounts just didn't add up. I was charged sales tax when I placed the order, but they didn't refund it. I'm waiting to hear back from them on this one, but I believe that's illegal.
I probably won't order from them again unless I know exactly what it is and how it fits.
yup, this is exactly why i don't like theclymb.com

their return policy is total crap, especially compared to the competition (amazon, nashbar, comp cyclist, backcountry.com), many of whom have better prices anyway.

i returned some shoes that were the wrong size, and it took me 8 months to find another item from them that i was comfortable purchasing without trying first. and that was just to "spend" my credit. not worth it ATMA.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have ordered several items through the Clymb and have never had an issue, and I have never been charged tax .. but that's about to change if the Gov can get it passed. I always get charged tax with orders with REI and Moosejaw because they have stores in my state, the same with Cabela's online orders. Is the Clymb located (warehouse) in your state and why you are charged tax?

338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have ordered several items through the Clymb and have never had an issue, and I have never been charged tax .. but that's about to change if the Gov can get it passed. I always get charged tax with orders with REI and Moosejaw because they have stores in my state, the same with Cabela's online orders. Is the Clymb located (warehouse) in your state and why you are charged tax?
Not sure about their actual location, but one of their distribution centers is in my state, which is probably why. I haven't heard back from them yet. If I don't hear back tomorrow I'll call and if they want to drag some more I can always go through my credit card to get the whopping 8.61 they owe me. Then I'd contact the state to find out if they've broken the law. Of course they've been pretty good dealing w/ me so far so I need to wait for them to respond.

338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It took them 3 days to respond, but:

Thanks for your response. I apologize for the trouble in this process. We have been working on the sales tax aspect of purchases and returns lately, and you bring up a valid point. I have refunded an additional $X.XX in sales tax (the tax for the returned items). This should be back on your account within roughly three business days. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do. Happy to help.

Makes you wonder sometimes. Never had an issue with any other online operations not being able to refund sales tax. Too many other options out there.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I buy from them on a regular basis knowing their return policy (and I shop their prices as well). They had GU on there for awhile so insanely cheap I bought so much they limited my order. :) Sometimes it takes a while to ship so I also keep that in mind when I order.

338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I buy from them on a regular basis knowing their return policy (and I shop their prices as well). They had GU on there for awhile so insanely cheap I bought so much they limited my order. :) Sometimes it takes a while to ship so I also keep that in mind when I order.
If it works for you, that's great. Point was the way they have their return policy listed it's not very clear. Having "issues" with refunding sales tax is sketchy at best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.