Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have problems mounting racks over fenders on a cross bike they are using as a tourer? I just do not have enough clearance to do it on my Jamis Nova. Suggestions?

·
791 Posts
bradnicholson said:
Does anyone else have problems mounting racks over fenders on a cross bike they are using as a tourer? I just do not have enough clearance to do it on my Jamis Nova. Suggestions?
I've done some touring on my cross bike, but with a trailer. I don't know anything about your particular frame. Are you talking problems with heel cleareance or fender clearance?

If it's heal clearance, you could try the trailer route (borrow one if you can, pulling a trailer isn't for everyone).

If you're talking fender clearance, you may need to jury rig a solution for that. With a dremel tool, some zip ties, and duct tape, anything is possible. Get creative. It may not be as good as a full coverage set of fenders, but you could cut them into sections and place them where you have enough clearance, and still get most of the benefit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.