Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only problem is that I seem to have come down with a fever and regular uneasyness (stiff muscles, occasional nausea, etc.). Ought I feel guilty that I might be unable to ride any days this week, or ought I just be happy that I’ve been averaging 12 bike commutes to/from work (17 miles each direction x 2 x 3 days per week = 102 mile per week) each month (since September 2007) and move on to worry about other stuff? The weather is drop-dead gorgeous this week, and it will be perhaps up into the 80s and 90s the weather forecaster are speculating. I don’t want to miss out on this!:mad:

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like I’m going to go see a doctor tomorrow morning. :( The weather is going to be unseasonably reasonable here in the bay area, with triple-digits expected for Thursday, and I am going to be polluting instead. :blush2:

·
Roadie with unshaven legs
2,041 Posts
I've been trying to ride at least three days a week with my new job with four days of riding being the ideal. This week I'm hoping to ride two days. I rode on Monday but I think I overdid it and my legs are still sore so I didn't ride today. Tomorrow I cannot ride because I need to get home ASAP after work as I do every Wednesday. Thursday I'm riding in to work then I'm going to join my coworkers on a lunchtime "Ride Your Bike To Work Day" ride. Friday is my son's 11th birthday so I have to get home ASAP so that we can take him out for dinner. Party's on Saturday.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Leopold Porkstacker said:
The only problem is that I seem to have come down with a fever and regular uneasyness (stiff muscles, occasional nausea, etc.). Ought I feel guilty that I might be unable to ride any days this week, or ought I just be happy that I’ve been averaging 12 bike commutes to/from work (17 miles each direction x 2 x 3 days per week = 102 mile per week) each month (since September 2007) and move on to worry about other stuff? The weather is drop-dead gorgeous this week, and it will be perhaps up into the 80s and 90s the weather forecas

I hope you don't have what I have...I've been sick forever. Day 3 of anitibiotics so hopefully I'm on the mend now.

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No antibiotics were prescribed, just some codeine-fortified cough syrup, and a healthy dose of rest (along with lots of citrus fruit and some real food). I am up and down right now, I am sure in another ten minutes it’ll be nap time again.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Leopold Porkstacker said:
No antibiotics were prescribed, just some codeine-fortified cough syrup, and a healthy dose of rest (along with lots of citrus fruit and some real food). I am up and down right now, I am sure in another ten minutes it’ll be nap time again.
None for me at first either...though I'm on bottle 2 of the codeine syrup...help me sleep nice and easy--especially if you double the dose. :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
thien said:
If anyone's riding to work through the LG Creek Trail today, our own resident video celebrity Karl is manning one of the powerup stations on the Trail. Be sure to say hi. :)
I was there at 8am and said Hi. Karl had been out there since 6:30 handing out water and other treats. Thanks Karl!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.