Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Pusher of Pedals
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To get strong enough to hang in there with some of the faster guys on the group ride. For all those asking how to get strong enough to hang with the big dogs on said rides, just keep trying like hell, you'll get there. Persistence pays off. It's a confidence booster when one of those guys says "you were flying, man!" :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
someday.....too bad I spent a nice sunny afternoon cleaning the damn house instead of riding. i'd be that much closer to hangin' with the fast guys!!! maybe the rain will hold off tomorrow!

·
Pusher of Pedals
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's "Mr. Faster Than I Used To Be" to you, sir! :D

I actually do not keep a training log. I kinda do with the mountain biking, but I have the little 305 do all that for me. I have been thinking about it for the road bike, I just don't want to concentrate too hard on training for fear of burning out. I'd guess it's just a matter of finding balance so it doesn't become tedious and stop being fun. I could always buy a second setup to put the 305 on the roadie...

·
Master debator.
8,761 Posts
Ummm yea, spare mounts are cheap. You need not buy another Garmin, just the mount off of amazon or ebay. I have 4 bikes, each with their own mount.

·
Pusher of Pedals
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nOOky said:
Ummm yea, spare mounts are cheap. You need not buy another Garmin, just the mount off of amazon or ebay. I have 4 bikes, each with their own mount.
Yeah, I've seen em online, just haven't bit the bullet and bought one yet. It's a great little unit.

·
Master debator.
8,761 Posts
No sweat, you can toss the 305 in a rear pocket and it won't know the difference from your handlebar mount :D

·
Pusher of Pedals
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nOOky said:
No sweat, you can toss the 305 in a rear pocket and it won't know the difference from your handlebar mount :D
True that. Then buy another speed/cadence sensor and/or heart rate monitor. Then I'd have to learn how to put my heart rate info to use. :eek: But furst I need to lose 20 more pounds and not find them again.

Man, thanks, now I'm pricing all that stuff. HEHE

·
Pusher of Pedals
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cableguy said:
Now it's time to ride with an even faster group and start the process over :D
Ugh, that's sadistic. I like it! :thumbsup:

But I think I'll make sure it wasn't a fluke before I move on up.

·
Team Tom's
1,880 Posts
Spanky is right... That's all I've done is on the group rides, worked my a$$ off to hang with them. Got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, got dropped, did not get dropped.

Took me almost 2 years. And of course, outside of the group rides, I did a lot of solo riding as well. But being on my bike is pretty much all I wanted to do. So the journey has been fun for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts