21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Miss M says, "Let's go get breakfast!"

Who am I to say no to food? :)

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Turns out Winter Garden doesn't get up early on Sunday (but the street fair looked to be good). We fell back on "Plan B" (there's always a "Plan B" with us) and rode a few more miles to breakfast.

It was well worth it. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eating in the middle of a ride is always a balancing act between tasty food, hunger and the need to ride another couple of hours in increasing heat. We got it fairly right this time and the miles home flew by.

Time to dust off the bikes and get ready for tomorrows adventure! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
axlenut said:
... Would love to try that orange dirt road on my cyclecross bike. What road is it or what is it near? I will try to find it on maps.google....
Those are 5 Mile Road, Shell Pond Road and Schofield Road between Avalon and 27 near Lake Louisa.

5 Mile Road was in good shape, Shell Pond was really soft and somewhat hard to ride with out fat tires but the conditions are always changing.

I say go for it!

BTW this is Shell Pond, we had a hard time slogging through this.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
El Funko said:
Curiosity got the better of me, had to check it out on Google Maps. Love the "Hidden Mickey" next to Lake Louisa. I'm guessing that's the for approaching air traffic?
We are no where near a large airport, the only ones that are likely to see it are hot air ballooners who like to launch in the area and the occasional ultralight.

Folks got pretty excited about about Disney World (and all the business and jobs they hoped it would bring) 40 years ago. It worked out ok in the end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts