Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Judge just lifted the gag order and the names are pouring out of course Joseba Beloki, RobertoHeras, and Francisco Mancebo, Tyler Hamilton and Santiago Botero, as well as Basso and Jan. Many more to come

Funny how they lift the gag order after Spain's team lost in the World Cup, remember there is supposed to be 200 names, only 50 or so are cyclist it should be interesting to see how many footballers names on in there

I think the worst part is this is only one Spanish lab, you have to assume that there are Italian, Swiss, Belgium, and yes even French labs as well

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
RocketDog said:
I find it remarkable how closely the alleged doping activities of 50some riders are linked. Apparently, dope transcends teams and nationalities.
This appears to have been a service so that as long as you have the money you get what you want. I think TVM and then Festina put an end to teams organizing and running their own doping programs. Rather afterwards it was up to riders to look after their own "recovery" to use a favorite euphemism.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I am not sure that there are the equivalent labs in other countries. Since Spain has had by far the most lenient legal environment it was the place to be for doping doctors and clients. Italy was pretty lenient in the past but with the trials of Conconi and Ferrari starting some years ago I suspect the business shifted almost entirely to Spain.

But I doubt Fuentes was the only freelance gynecologist available in Spain.

·
Registered
169 Posts
What about Saturday

How many of these names are going to get the boot from the start of the Tour? This really puts the organization in a hot spot. Maybe they let them start and then proceed to boot riders during the race. Has there been any validity to what has been reported, or is all of this still conjecture at this point?

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
goose127 said:
How many of these names are going to get the boot from the start of the Tour? This really puts the organization in a hot spot. Maybe they let them start and then proceed to boot riders during the race. Has there been any validity to what has been reported, or is all of this still conjecture at this point?
At this point I don't think any of this is conjecture but based on either leaks or partial release of the official report. I just read that 22 riders on the start list for the Tour are in the report and their names will be made officially public tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
301 Posts
goose127 said:
There has got to be better proof than just a list of names. How's about linking riders to bags of blood through DNA? At least it seems like Ullrich is willing to put his DNA to the test.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Is it a bluff.

Ulrich saying that? Is he betting they won't do it since he has offered. I once had a kid in school who had stolen another kids shoes and put them in his bag. He was like "go ahead, search my bag, there's nothing there." One teacher actually was like "why would he say do it if he knew they were there?". Bingo, no only were the kids shoes there, but also another kids wallet and such.

This is sad, but what is needed.

·
Call me a Fred
17,025 Posts
surftel said:
I think the worst part is this is only one Spanish lab, you have to assume that there are Italian, Swiss, Belgium, and yes even French labs as well
Balco, in the US, was a performance drug doping lab. It didn't do any blood, but it did do lots of drugs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.