Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but I won't be retiring in a year. Met with my manager today - they have plied me with a promotion, probably by November. And we will be finding someone else to be my back up - ta ta moron!

Guess I'll stick it out for another 3 years, then I'll have 30 years of service - and one heck of a pension.:eek:
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Friction_Shifter said:
I'm curious what you do snap? Care to share?
Current title is Information Systems Technician. But I'm actually a sys admin for a claims editing/billing & payment processing/posting system at our county hospital.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
But I thought you were a cafeteria lady. This makes me sad. :(
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
paint said:
But I thought you were a cafeteria lady. This makes me sad. :(

Oh yeah......sys admin and cafeteria lady combo. It's a dangerous job. And hard.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
Especially when there's cole slaw involved.
 

·
Gronk SMASH!
Joined
·
1,973 Posts
snapdragen said:
Current title is Information Systems Technician. But I'm actually a sys admin for a claims editing/billing & payment processing/posting system at our county hospital.
Congrats, Snap. Something tells me you got what you wanted. Otherwise you wouldn't have taken it. Good for you.
:)
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jptaylorsg said:
Congrats, Snap. Something tells me you got what you wanted. Otherwise you wouldn't have taken it. Good for you.
:)
Yep.......:D
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
il sogno said:
So you've been working there since you were 5? :confused:
No, straight from the womb! Mom birthed me and they put me to work....:D
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
snapdragen said:
but I won't be retiring in a year. Met with my manager today - they have plied me with a promotion, probably by November. And we will be finding someone else to be my back up - ta ta moron!

Guess I'll stick it out for another 3 years, then I'll have 30 years of service - and one heck of a pension.:eek:
3 years is nuthin if you're gonna get a better pension because of it. You're still young. Why rush things?
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
3 years is nuthin if you're gonna get a better pension because of it. You're still young. Why rush things?
I was pizzed. It was the only way to make my point - improve things or I leave.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top