Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good day to pick up my 16 y/o from school and take her to the dept of trans to take her driver's test for her license. I pick her up, she enters the on ramp to I-83 North, stops because traffic is really congested (as she should have) and WHAM!, some fat-azzed-jerktard in a Ford Edge plows into the back of us. Fortunately we're OK, except for some soreness. Fatboy wasn't as fortunate; he smacked his head on the windshield (I think). The hauled him off to teh ER. My Subie is toast I expect. 160k miles, fairly significant damage to the rear end. They'll likely total it. And I'll get "fair market value", which means I'm screwed. I didn't really want to get a different car right now.:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
ohmygoodness!

Holy carp. unreal. for real? are u kidding me? no way!

I'm sincerely glad you and daughter are OK it seems. Hope the other driver (dummy) is OK. Bad day for all of you.

So sorry Kram.

·
I'm workin' on it....
251 Posts
Glad you guys are o.k. That does suck. It'll make for a funny story for her to tell later, as she grows older, though:p

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
that sucks. glad you and her are alright. too bad your car is toast. i'm hoping my wife's car lasts a little longer before dying. hopefully somebody doesn't do something like that to it.

whatcha gonna buy?

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, she couldn't take the test. You make an appointment and we obviously missed it. She'll have to wait 'till May now. I dunno what I'll get. Not new, for sure. I loved my Subie but I'd like to get something that gets better mileage but still has as much utility. I was going to go to the recycling dump in our township and get a load of mulch for our garden on Monday. Somehow I don't think Enterprise would like that if I loaded up the Prius that I got as a rental with a load of mulch.....
And thanks everyone for your kind words. I'm not as sore as I thought I'd be.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For my Subie;

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
The BEST thing I learned in driver's ed for taking my test is to always, always look in your rear view mirror when you apply your brakes. It saved my ass once already.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
This story beats the story I have been telling about my sister for the past 30+ years. My sister passed her driver's test late in the afternoon; my mother called the insurance agent to put my sister on the auto policy a minute or two before the office closed. The next morning, my sister took the car to school and had an accident within five minutes of her leaving the house. At least your daughter's accident was not her fault.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Dude, so sorry, but I am grateful you and your daughter were unhurt. Although maybe he could have bumped your hip out a little...you know, to slow you down a bit. And maybe dislocated your ankle for the remainder of the summer....just sayin'....

Hang tough, brother.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I am glad you are both OK

When she finally gets to take her test in your NEW Subby see if the examiner has a big welt on his forehead.
My son is embarking on his career as a firefighter and had to pass his air brake test with a fire truck
The examiner wouldn't let him take the test because the horn didn't work on the steering colunm. She didn't let him use the airhorn. She threatened to pull truck out of service.
He passed a week later after the horn button was reconnected

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
That sucks!!! Hopefully the guy that hit you is ok.

The other day I was waiting to turn onto my street and some woman in a red jeep on her cellphone nearly hits me from behind. I sit there and throw up my arms and give her a good 10 seconds to think about what she did before I took the turn.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She saw him but there was no where to go; get hit by him or get slammed by highway traffic. She did good.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
Kram said:
Somehow I don't think Enterprise would like that if I loaded up the Prius that I got as a rental with a load of mulch....
Umm... That's why you rent a car in the first place. Sucks about the car, but glad you're both OK.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts