Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wanted to do a full italian build because of my italian heritage. I have a brother named Bruno who owns a pizza shop for gods sake.

Anyway, I've finally begun the build and I've found almost every part that is made in Italy but I can't seem to find the rims. I know Campy and Ambrosio make rims but since my preference is so specific it's become a difficult task. I'm looking for a clincher that is a boxed low profile and comes in silver. I'd found that style rim by Campy and Ambrosio but they're tubular which I'm not fond of.

So I wanted to see if you guys could help me out with my search.

·
Registered
14,776 Posts
Not sure I can help, Paisano

But FIR is another big Eye-talian rim manufacturer. I think they're still around; I don't know who sells them. I know I bought some at a LBS 6 or 7 years ago. They used to make a lot of styles, so they might have something that fits your needs, if you can find them.

Prego,

Giovanni Caviglia

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Look on ebay, for NOS Campy box rims.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JCavilia said:
But FIR is another big Eye-talian rim manufacturer. I think they're still around; I don't know who sells them. I know I bought some at a LBS 6 or 7 years ago. They used to make a lot of styles, so they might have something that fits your needs, if you can find them.

Prego,

Giovanni Caviglia
Giovanni, grazie. I'll see if I can find those.

Antonio

·
dropped!
485 Posts
yes, ambrosio excellence. i also was after the same type of rim, but i went with the excellight for the performance, and i had to accept the fact that it only came in black. it's hard finding silver anything these days. we are really limited these days and no one wants anything black anymore. silver is classic and cool! anyway- here you go- tell them r_mutt sent you :yesnod:

http://www.ital-tecno.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=33&cat=Rims+-+CLINCHER

they are the official ambrosio distributor in the usa. call them and find out what's in stock before you order. they have lot's of stuff that isn't on-line-

good luck!!!

·
dropped!
485 Posts
drainyoo said:
What do you mean by the Ambrosio would be more correct?

You're bike is gorgeous. I'll definitely post pics when I'm done with mine.

thanks for the props :) i have a set of black excellight ssc's in 32 hole with campy record hubs sitting here waiting to be built up. it's going to be my "go to" wheelset.

as for "correct", since you seem to be going for the "classic" look with the box section rims, ambrosios would be considered more classic than the torellis, as they have been around forever, and have been seen on a fair share of classic italian brands.

btw, what's the frame?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I see. Well I'm not trying to build an exact classic, I just like the classic look. I'm building up a Bianchi Pista. Found a Cinelli crown fork and a nice old Bianchi quill stem. It's going to look peeeeerrtty when I'm done.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.