Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The afternoon tiredys jumped upon me, so I figured a walk to the convenience store from my office would be a good thing.... wake me up a bit. The afternoon is freaking beautiful, so a stroll would feel nice, and the caffeine and chocolate pick-me-up would help me through the monotony of the UBP review this afternoon.

I live in cubeville, like many of the rest of us nitwits. However, going outside makes me not want to come back inside. Our campus is really beautiful while very functional. We have a flower shop, 4 cafeterias, two coffee shops, a convenience store, a bank, a real estate office, a travel shop, a beautician, a dry clearners, tennis courts, two ball fields, a lake with walking trail, and a fitness center.

I will post a few pics just to show you what I mean. I just want to know if this is normal or excessive for large companies. The sad thing is that our customers never even get to see it, and if they did, they would think it unjust and that they are paying higher bills because of it. And no, I don't work for a University, even though I called it a campus.

Here are a few pics from my 11 minute round trip to get me a beverage and chocolate...

Pic 1: Leaving my building (sorry for crappy pic)

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pic 2....

around the back.....

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pic 3.....

outside the cafeteria...

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pic 4...

Looking back up the hill...

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pic 5...

getting close to the convenience store...

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pic 6....

on the way back... the fitness center...

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pic 7....

3/4 of the way back... .Im ahead of schedule. whoops... forgot the photo

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pic 7....revisited

sorry about that... this normally has running water.... sorry for the crooked pic, taken from a bridge...

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Reminds me of the gignormous MS compound in Redmond. Waterfalls, hidden gardens, paths, towers... Kinda pleasant.

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pic 8....

And the grand finale....

And honey, if you are reading this.... It was cash... $2.16 to be exact, so I didn't get a receipt... in case I forget.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
funknuggets said:
And the grand finale....

And honey, if you are reading this.... It was cash... $2.16 to be exact, so I didn't get a receipt... in case I forget.
can't believe you eat that crap. full sugar mountain dew? crappy hersheys chocolate? Prolly 400 calories right there.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My place of employment has some kick-ass landscaping that would put yours to shame. Of course, our fitness center is dinky and we don't have a convenience store... but we do have nice walking paths, tons of flowerbeds, nicely trimmed hedges and blossoming trees of all kinds. Kind of makes the work worth it, if you ask me.

Can I thread hijack and whine about the $1500 landscaping bill I'm going to get to turn my mess of a yard into something nice?

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
can't believe you eat that crap. full sugar mountain dew? crappy hersheys chocolate? Prolly 400 calories right there.
yeah, ain't he trying to lose weight to fit into a smaller dress for his 3000th post. :D

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2.5 servings * 110 =275 + 110 = 495

I'll be fine, thanks for the concern though. Not racing this year anyway... and I'm decently fit. No more dresses for me. I think I'll fatten up eating this stuff and wear a thong for 3000.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
You kidding?

Chocolate is the best invention ever. 2nd to pr0n.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
You say campus, I say compound! ;)

We have a basketball court outside that my buddies and I shoot on after lunch, and that's about it. I guess that's what we get for working at an assembly plant, while the corporate office a few miles up the road gets the pretty digs.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
funknuggets said:
2.5 servings * 110 =275 + 110 = 495

I'll be fine, thanks for the concern though. Not racing this year anyway... and I'm decently fit. No more dresses for me. I think I'll fatten up eating this stuff and wear a thong for 3000.
I have a leopard print thong w/ velcro for easy removal.

PM if interested.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
You kidding?

Chocolate is the best invention ever. 2nd to pr0n.
GOOD chocolate is...not that waxy stuff that Hersheys uses.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
lousylegs said:
Scotty2Hotty said:
I have a leopard print thong w/ velcro for easy removal.

PM if interested.[/QUOTE

TSOP DAB
don't you mean !!TSAOP DAB OUY NOEROM LISABMI? :eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts