Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I've got all the lights on, I'm on the internet, Miss M is watching TV and the stereo in the bedroom is blasting away. We have a couple of de-humidifiers going.

A pie is in the oven.

Next I am heading out and firing up the car.

Anything else I can do?

Should I turn up the heat and open the refrigerator?
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
MB1 said:
Should I turn up the heat and open the refrigerator?
sure and let us know how that works out.

maybe turn up the heat and open some windows.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tomk96 said:
...maybe turn up the heat and open some windows.
Too bad the heat and air run off the same controls or I could turn them both on! :(
 

·
eminence grease
Joined
·
18,538 Posts
Do you have any DC chargers lying about? Plug those in, they waste a bit even if they're not charging anything. Power tools with auto fire buttons? Vacuum? Blender?

And oh yea, it's not 8:30, it's 6:48. Your clock is wrong.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
terry b said:
Do you have any DC chargers lying about? Plug those in, they waste a bit even if they're not charging anything. Power tools with auto fire buttons? Vacuum? Blender?

And oh yea, it's not 8:30, it's 6:48. Your clock is wrong.
The vacuum is good idea but I just blew a fuse in the kitchen. :eek:
 

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
Joined
·
19,723 Posts
MB1 said:
Anything else I can do?
Trade in your bicycles for a Hummer. Make sure it's an H1. HTH.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kykr13 said:
Make sure you turn on all the lights on it too - including the high beams (not k()d3).
Maybe I could get an outboard motor for the kayak.
 

·
Pedal Master
Joined
·
2,511 Posts
We turned off the electricity, but its a blizzard here so we gathered all of our plastics and have been burning them for heat...the ink black smoke is really impressive.
 

·
eminence grease
Joined
·
18,538 Posts
It's also a very good idea to wash all of your dishes and glasses once in a while, gets the dust off of them.

Load the dishwasher up, but not with too many at a time. It restricts the water flow. Many loads is the best course.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
terry b said:
It's also a very good idea to wash all of your dishes and glasses once in a while, gets the dust off of them.

Load the dishwasher up, but not with too many at a time. It restricts the water flow. Many loads is the best course.
Good idea. I'll set it on auto dry too.

BTW I just reset the thermostat on the hot water heater to "Full Meltdown."
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
MB1 said:
Good idea. I'll set it on auto dry too.

BTW I just reset the thermostat on the hot water heater to "Full Meltdown."
don't forget to turn on all the faucets too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OldEndicottHiway said:
Go put up all your Christmas lights.
Ohhhhhhhh, I like that but am running out of time.

I'll just light some candles.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top