Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With nothing to do. Half my department is out today so I can't leave.

There are very few times I miss working for myself. This is one of them.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to wear out the interwebs today.

·
Tactle-neck
865 Posts
True I feel the same way on some days.

It's turning to autumn here in the Northeast, and every day seems a bit colder than the previous. I am really trying to get out as much as I can before I have to worry about booties and exposed skin...

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ditto. Leaves are starting to turn, it's getting rainy and cool... That's what suck today- it's going to be low 70s and clear today, tomorrow and sunday, 60 and raining.

One of these days I am going to build a weather controlling device to make sure this sort of thing never happens again. I probably have the time to design one today...

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
I'm with you buck-50. Only for me, the boss actually came in, so I'm stuck here now. Hopefully he'll leave sooner rather than later.

These days are the ones I wish could last forever. Sun is shining, 70-80 degrees, a few clouds, no humidity. Beautiful.

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I should have done is folded up the bike friday, put it in my trunk and taken a long lunch hour ride... Oh well. Next time, I will be smarter.

Plus, my weather controlling device will be online.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
FeedTheJoe said:
True I feel the same way on some days.

It's turning to autumn here in the Northeast, and every day seems a bit colder than the previous. I am really trying to get out as much as I can before I have to worry about booties and exposed skin...
Who doesn't like booties and exposed skin?

·
Custom User Title
760 Posts
I'm stuck in my office too...but I'm rockin' out with my c0ck out to a Pandora compilation of black metal.

Funny, no one has come into my office all day.

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
c_kyle said:
I'm stuck in my office too...but I'm rockin' out with my c0ck out to a Pandora compilation of black metal.

Funny, no one has come into my office all day.
We are no longer allowed to use Pandora at the office...

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
c_kyle said:
No? Why? Is it eating up bandwidth, or hampering production?
Bandwidth.

20 people streaming music on a T1 line eats a lot of bandwidth.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
buck-50 said:
With nothing to do. Half my department is out today so I can't leave.

There are very few times I miss working for myself. This is one of them.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to wear out the interwebs today.
Working in an office represents everything that is wrong with America right now.

It's a total triumph of style over substance. Marketing versus engineering. Sound and fury signifying nothing. Lifestyle as a thing you can buy into.

It's got an 1800cc engine that makes what, 70 hp? Ridiculous, especially in a day when 600s can make 100hp easily. That's an engine 1/3 the size of a Harley v-twin. It's grossly overweight with useless chrome bits. The raked front fork gives it lousy handling. Which is just fine, really, because you start scraping parts on the road the second it leans over in a corner. That cool looking skinny front wheel with a single disc brake means that you've got lousy stopping power. But hey, who needs to stop when you're gonna spend most of your time polishing it in the garage and pouring over parts catalogs to buy new useless chrome bits? I mean, you've already paid $18,000, what's another 6k to make it actually perform almost as good as a 30 year old CB750?

Yeah it's made in America. That's nothing to be proud of. We put a freaking jet engine in a tank. We build the most advanced aircraft ever devised by man. We put a man on the moon. And this throwback relic P.O.S. is the best we can come up with for a motorcycle? We should hang our heads in shame.

Even triumph makes better bikes than Harley. Triumph. Let that sink in a minute. We're getting out engineered by the British.

Working in an office is nothing but a purchased lifestyle, an overpriced leather jacket and a bunch of hackneyed sloganeering.

"loud pipes save lives" No, good riding skills, proper safety equipment and not riding drunk save lives.

Embarrassing garbage.

·
singletrack daydreamer
77 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
Working in an office represents everything that is wrong with America right now.

It's a total triumph of style over substance. Marketing versus engineering. Sound and fury signifying nothing. Lifestyle as a thing you can buy into.

It's got an 1800cc engine that makes what, 70 hp? Ridiculous, especially in a day when 600s can make 100hp easily. That's an engine 1/3 the size of a Harley v-twin. It's grossly overweight with useless chrome bits. The raked front fork gives it lousy handling. Which is just fine, really, because you start scraping parts on the road the second it leans over in a corner. That cool looking skinny front wheel with a single disc brake means that you've got lousy stopping power. But hey, who needs to stop when you're gonna spend most of your time polishing it in the garage and pouring over parts catalogs to buy new useless chrome bits? I mean, you've already paid $18,000, what's another 6k to make it actually perform almost as good as a 30 year old CB750?

Yeah it's made in America. That's nothing to be proud of. We put a freaking jet engine in a tank. We build the most advanced aircraft ever devised by man. We put a man on the moon. And this throwback relic P.O.S. is the best we can come up with for a motorcycle? We should hang our heads in shame.

Even triumph makes better bikes than Harley. Triumph. Let that sink in a minute. We're getting out engineered by the British.

Working in an office is nothing but a purchased lifestyle, an overpriced leather jacket and a bunch of hackneyed sloganeering.

"loud pipes save lives" No, good riding skills, proper safety equipment and not riding drunk save lives.

Embarrassing garbage.

Amen!

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haiku d'etat said:

Embarrassing garbage.
You are fired.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
haiku d'etat said:

Embarrassing garbage.
Why do you hate America?

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts