Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I rode and my bike was quiet! Yesterday I inundated the joint between the seat stay and the dropout with CRC silicone spray. I also cleaned the cassette and applied a light coat of grease to the splines and the mating surfaces between the cogs during reassembly. Not sure which did it, my gut says the silicone but it could have been either. Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions!

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Congratulations.

Isn't it interesting that it wasn't attributable to the bottom bracket? This is so often the case.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Another miracle and you and/or your bike will have met the criteria for sainthood. A couple of years ago, I had a creak in my bike, thought it was the crank-bb area. Pulled the bb, torqued down the crankset a couple of times, messed with the headset and stem. Turned out it was the front skewer. Was to lazy to take the minute to grease up the rear skewer camming ball thing, so when the rear end started making a similar noise, I lubed up the skewer and the noise was gone From now on, you can refer to me as Saint Twinkles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts