Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crazy day today. Started at 128am. Got the phone call from my pregnant daughter with her third child. My wife rushed to the house and only took 10 minutes. She spent the night there to watch the almost 4 and almost 2 yo boys. I got up at 545am and left at 615 expecting another grandson by noon. Got home at 830am. I called my wife. She told me the story. Brett was born at 218am (the nurses gave her the option of 217 0r 218am). He weighed 8lb 11 oz and was 21inches long. They parked at the hospital and my son in law rushed to get a wheelchair to take her in. When he got back three minutes later, my daughter had her baby laying on her chest. She had the baby in the car and delivered the baby herself. The nurses took their time giving him a wheelchair but got to steppin when he ran back in with the news. They cut the cord and rushed the baby in. She got a ride in from an ambulance stretcher who had just came by. She delivered the placenta in the hospital. Everyone is fine. Took the grandkids down to see their new baby brother. Awesome!!

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,283 Posts
Great day.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
no need for long, drawn out labor....LOL

Congratulations!

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Congrats, and good for you being there to help them out. I have two boys, two years apart, and those first 3-4 years are rough. Especially when none of the grand parents seem to have much interest in helping out.

It's amazing how the first kid changes the plumbing for those who follow. Our first one took hours of pushing. #2 took a lot less. There was no #3 because I don't like being out numbered.

They have a great story about giving birth in a car. You hear about that kind of thing, but never meet anyone it really happened to. Some friends of mine gave birth at home in bed unexpectedly. Water broke, and boom, her it comes. They called an ambulance, but by the time it got there the baby was out. He said the funny part was the 20 something paramedics who had no idea what to do.

I remember bringing my second son home. The first one said "kiss baby. Poke baby in the eye".

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Congrats! New grandbaby with a bonus cool story to tell when he's older.

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She had epidurals for the first two boys. She said when the baby was crowning she experienced the Ring of Fire. lol

I asked her if she was saying anything. She said she just kept saying oh no oh on oh on.

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The wild one head dove into the headboard while I was letting him jump on the bed. That is what Pappy's do.

Attachments

·
Proud luddite
7,225 Posts
You are blessed with 3 beautiful grandsons! :)

My wife and I are waiting for our kids to start cranking some of those out! :D

·
Registered
843 Posts
Congrats big guy. that is one heck of a story. Wow. My daughter is expecting her 2nd and 3rd lol. Yup, twins. Good luck to you and your family. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts