Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Call me a Fred
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally a French team is having success in a major race. They are high up in every classification in the Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré.

AG2R has riders in 2nd (Moreau) and 5th (Mancebo) places in GC. They lead the points classification (Mancebo), the mountains classification (Moreau), the combination classification (Moreau), and the team classification.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
And Gadret and Casar showed well in the mountains at the Giro. I know it's speculation, but a guy like Moreau who essentially had his career ruined by the Festina scandal and the reaction of the French cycling federation is now, 8 years later, finally again at the front of a big race. Could it be that cycling has finally got on top of the doping problem?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Yeah, Moreau was a pleasant surprise. He's had some decent results in the past, but he gets very little positive press, at least from what I've seen in the English press, and he has a bit of a history of having things or letting things go south on him (like having both feet come unclipped in one of the time trials here). But he rode a very strong and aggressive race, as did his team. If he rides for Mancebo in the TdF, it looks right now like he could be a big help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.