Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in rural-******* America where almost no one lives and very few ride bikes unless they are a Raam winner or a world champion. Anyway in the past 2000 miles I think I saw a total of six riders. Three in my direction and three in the other direction. So I packed up my bike to join about 100 other riders on a 115 mile training ride. This is my first ride with anyone in 4 months.

I was kind of hoping to see some BA bikers who would put the hurt on me early and often. But out of the 100 or so riders I noticed everyone wearing shirts and shorts that they acutally paid for. Kind of weird? :) I am guessing there are a whole bunch of guys who dont even know what a shirt cost with all the sponsor advertising. BTW I buy my stuff. Anyway after about 42 miles I am still hanging around the front when the KOM climb starts. A couple of guys go out fast and put the hurt on only to flat. That leaves two Germans laughing about fat Americans. They fall by the wayside and me and two other guys head up the 2500 foot climb. I was not KOM thankfully it was a guy about 20 years younger. BTW in rural America we have stop signs but we might not stop for them and we dont have rides that have 40-50 direction changes.

Anyway there is nothing wrong with an occaisional hammerfest, us guys out in the sticks just get to dream about them.

· confirmed masher
1,712 Posts
borregokid said:
I live in rural-******* America where almost no one lives and very few ride bikes unless they are a Raam winner or a world champion. Anyway in the past 2000 miles I think I saw a total of six riders. Three in my direction and three in the other direction. So I packed up my bike to join about 100 other riders on a 115 mile training ride. This is my first ride with anyone in 4 months.

I was kind of hoping to see some BA bikers who would put the hurt on me early and often. But out of the 100 or so riders I noticed everyone wearing shirts and shorts that they acutally paid for. Kind of weird? :) I am guessing there are a whole bunch of guys who dont even know what a shirt cost with all the sponsor advertising. BTW I buy my stuff. Anyway after about 42 miles I am still hanging around the front when the KOM climb starts. A couple of guys go out fast and put the hurt on only to flat. That leaves two Germans laughing about fat Americans. They fall by the wayside and me and two other guys head up the 2500 foot climb. I was not KOM thankfully it was a guy about 20 years younger. BTW in rural America we have stop signs but we might not stop for them and we dont have rides that have 40-50 direction changes.

Anyway there is nothing wrong with an occaisional hammerfest, us guys out in the sticks just get to dream about them.

congratulations.... i think? :confused:

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
orange_julius said:
I wonder what his 3-mile TT time is.
My last time trial was at the Critical Mass ralley in Seattle-it took me five minutes to cross the street. :)

Before that I was banditing a ride and some yahoos who didnt like it chased me down and clubbed me but I covered three miles in 24.66 mph. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.