Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Sticky Valentine
Joined
·
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to lunch with some friends... hie thermometer read 99.

Weather.com says it's 92 here at 6:00pm.

I hate the heat.


joe
 

·
Festina Lente'
Joined
·
11,508 Posts
F Yeah it was. Bout 100 here in the valley. Welcome Summer!!! It may be warm now, but I foresee cool days in nor cal...
 

·
Registered
Escorted from the White House
Joined
·
36,951 Posts
I hate the heat too. :nonod:

87 here in Mountain View, CA. Not too bad, but I don't have AC, so my house is slowly assuming outside temperature.

80s outside or while riding are nothing. But I don't like it being in the 80s in my house... 90s, when there's the rare heat wave here. :(

I get the feeling the summer here is going to be a hot one, compared to what we're used to. Still is nothing compared to Davis, my girlfriend's town. 100s there in the summer are pretty normal.
.
 

·
Sticky Valentine
Joined
·
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BentChainring said:
F Yeah it was. Bout 100 here in the valley. Welcome Summer!!! It may be warm now, but I foresee cool days in nor cal...

I can't wait.

My jacket got here today and I think that SC will be the only time I'll be able to use it here in the near future.

Also, my CT scan is on Thursday, so hopefully everything is A-OK there. Otherwise I may not be able to head up.

On the good side of things, my pee has been back to normal, but I keep freaking myself out and making myself think that my sides hurt.


joe
 

·
Bikespace member
Joined
·
4,445 Posts
it was 88 in Santa Rosa today, probably a bit hotter a little north. definitely felt it on today's ride. totally sucked the energy out of me. i'm sure by summer time we'll be thinking "88? maybe i should bring a jacket"
 

·
Festina Lente'
Joined
·
11,508 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
Also, my CT scan is on Thursday, so hopefully everything is A-OK there. Otherwise I may not be able to head up.

CT for why?
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
it was in the 50's here and raining most of the day. you people can GFY.

have a nice day.
 

·
...?
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
what tomk said..... stfu

On the plus side though, the cold and rain kept me from being dissapointed that I was stuck working on a group project for a class all morning and stuck at work all afternoon instead of riding. I was hoping to do an organized ride outside the city today, but It probably would have been the suxxor.
 

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
Joined
·
27,036 Posts
I've had a cough all week so I missed out on a weekend of perfect riding weather. But I got a great 50-mile commute to a client on thurs.
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
randi_526 said:
what tomk said..... stfu

On the plus side though, the cold and rain kept me from being dissapointed that I was stuck working on a group project for a class all morning and stuck at work all afternoon instead of riding. I was hoping to do an organized ride outside the city today, but It probably would have been the suxxor.
i was trapped inside with a 2y/o.

actually we went in the yard while it was drizzling. got a little work done as he splashed through puddles in the grass and falling in mud.
 

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
Joined
·
19,723 Posts
tomk96 said:
it was in the 50's here and raining most of the day. you people can GFY.
50s and raining here. I had a great ride. I'll take 50s over 90s any day of the year.
 

·
In need of sock puppet
Joined
·
9,420 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
I can't wait.

My jacket got here today and I think that SC will be the only time I'll be able to use it here in the near future.

Also, my CT scan is on Thursday, so hopefully everything is A-OK there. Otherwise I may not be able to head up.

On the good side of things, my pee has been back to normal, but I keep freaking myself out and making myself think that my sides hurt.


joe
With the precious cargo you possess, no SC is not an option. You don't have to ride to hang out.
 

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
Joined
·
27,036 Posts
il sogno said:
Yeah it was hot today. I rode 47 miles and just about plotzed. :cryin:
You sound like you're doing the early hammerhead ride.
 

·
Lemur-ing
Joined
·
18,987 Posts
It's always hot here. Well, it's only not when it's raining. But it's always humid.

HTFU!

;)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,519 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
You sound like you're doing the early hammerhead ride.
Wha? No wai!!! Wait...maybe I can do the hammerhead ride at my own pace and meet up with you guys after the long ride. :eek:

I'm trying to get myself up to doing the 50+ miler. Can't seem to get my mileage above 48 miles tho.

I'm doing Mappy's super special training plan this week. Hopefully it will work a miracle and git me into shape for Cooper's ride.
 

·
Sticky Valentine
Joined
·
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fredke said:
I'll take 50s over 90s any day of the year.

This.



joe
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,955 Posts
il sogno said:
I'm doing Mappy's super special training plan this week. Hopefully it will work a miracle and git me into shape for Cooper's ride.
does it involve cupcakes and empenadas? :D

Another scorcher today. Super. We headed for the coast to ride yesterday where it was pleasant. And by "we" I mean "not DrRoebuck". Looked like a gerzillion people all had the same idea - "hey lets hop in the car and go for a nice drive up the coast..." = PARKING LOT.

On your right! :thumbsup:
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
it's getting hot in here...
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top