Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sucks on so many levels. I've decided it's the flu - fever, aches, cough. Didn't sleep for sh*t last night. I'm supposed to see the Lion King tomorrow. *whine*

I want drugs.
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
snapdragen said:
This sucks on so many levels. I've decided it's the flu - fever, aches, cough. Didn't sleep for sh*t last night. I'm supposed to see the Lion King tomorrow. *whine*

I want drugs.
been there. still coughing a month later. hope you get better soon. take lots of vitamin c, drink plenty of fluids and get some rest..oh...and chicken soup and puffs...that'll be $20 please. ;)
 

·
remodeling...me
Joined
·
4,177 Posts
Oh Snap I am sorry. Lots of rest and drugs!
I am just waiting for the little germ mongers at school to give me something they have no sense of hygene at 14! :(
 

·
Resident Dutchbag
Joined
·
11,864 Posts
Get someone to spoil you with cups of tea and make sure you're comfy and get them to bring you some DVDs that you can still enjoy when you are debilitatingly ill.
 

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
Joined
·
22,021 Posts
That stinks.....

rest, fluids (no, not lemondrops!), more rest, drugs and time.

Sorry....no better ideas.

Hope it's over quick.

PS, the least it could have done was happen in the middle of the week....what's up with being sick on the W/E?

len
 

·
Scary Teddy Bear
Joined
·
14,791 Posts
Symptoms..

Len J said:
rest, fluids (no, not lemondrops!), more rest, drugs and time.

Sorry....no better ideas.

Hope it's over quick.

PS, the least it could have done was happen in the middle of the week....what's up with being sick on the W/E?

len
Tylenol/motrin alternating, fluids, rest. Use a decongestant if stuffed up, use an expectorant if coughing. Warm Baths...If you live in a particularly DRY climate, invest in a humidifier for your bedroom. It will make sleeping infinitely more enjoyable.
 

·
Coco Puff
Joined
·
2,119 Posts
snapdragen said:
I want drugs.
Don't we all...

Want me to send you some nice Meat Stew? It'll get you out of bed in no time...
 

·
Motorator
Joined
·
4,166 Posts
snapdragen said:
This sucks on so many levels. I've decided it's the flu - fever, aches, cough. Didn't sleep for sh*t last night. I'm supposed to see the Lion King tomorrow. *whine*

I want drugs.

I caught something in San Diego which hung with me for weeks - cough, raspy throat, sinus-a-tosis (for lack of medically correct term). I decided to pretend I wasn't sick and kept on pushing through the normal life - riding, working, eating, a bit of drinking. I did however take rest breaks and naps and have little treats here and there. I thought of going to the doctor and getting some drugs but never got around to it, probably out of an irrational deep-seated fear of doctor's offices. Plus, at some point, I realized I had gotten over the hump and I was on my way to being well, and so will you.
 

·
Resident Dutchbag
Joined
·
11,864 Posts
Starliner said:
sinus-a-tosis (for lack of medically correct term).
Sinusitis?
 

·
Scary Teddy Bear
Joined
·
14,791 Posts
Sinusitis

rogger said:
Sinusitis?

is a clinical diagnosis, it is usually characterized by having a HIGH fever, 102+ usually, jaw and/or dental pain, extreme unilateral facial pain, headache, and copiuos purulent nasal discharge. There are many people who think they have sinusitis, when in fact they have only the common cold. To truly test for sinusitis you need to do a CT scan, which is certainly not practical, nor cost efficient for the majority of outpatient visits.

As far as treating influenza. We used to treat with antivirals, however, there has been a noticeable resistance trend emerging, particularly with the influenza A strain. Therefore, the CDC has now recommended, especially in light of the emerging avian flu risk, that we DO NOT prescribe antivirals for treatment of influenza.
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went to the store for grapefruit juice and Theraflu. Man that's nasty stuff, but it seems to be helping the aches.

I was also accosted by those little crack dealing girl scouts :rolleyes: Thin mints, Peanut Butter sammich cookies, and Lemon Pastry. It's all medicinal, right? Along with the Dreyers SlowChurned Strawberry Icecream......
 

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
Joined
·
24,200 Posts
snapdragen said:
Went to the store for grapefruit juice and Theraflu. Man that's nasty stuff, but it seems to be helping the aches.

I was also accosted by those little crack dealing girl scouts :rolleyes: Thin mints, Peanut Butter sammich cookies, and Lemon Pastry. It's all medicinal, right? Along with the Dreyers SlowChurned Strawberry Icecream......
Sitting in my family room right now....
 

·
off the back
Joined
·
15,270 Posts
sleep as much as you can, and i usually have good luck with the "severe cold and flu" type medicines(tylenol, nyquil, comtrex, whatever)

the problem with cold medicine these days is everything is "non-drowsy". you want stuff that'll knock you out. used to be when i got sick, i could just sleep as much as possible until i felt better. now i can't really sleep at all which sucks. you feel tired, listless and dragging, but you can't get to sleep, which makes you feel even worse.
 

·
Resident Dutchbag
Joined
·
11,864 Posts
rufus said:
sleep as much as you can, and i usually have good luck with the "severe cold and flu" type medicines(tylenol, nyquil, comtrex, whatever)

the problem with cold medicine these days is everything is "non-drowsy". you want stuff that'll knock you out. used to be when i got sick, i could just sleep as much as possible until i felt better. now i can't really sleep at all which sucks. you feel tired, listless and dragging, but you can't get to sleep, which makes you feel even worse.
Yesss, you want cough syrup that's basically Laudanum and makes your head feel really wadded, you'll need to send someone to Mexico to get the good stuff tho. ;)
 

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
Joined
·
7,746 Posts
physasst said:
is a clinical diagnosis, it is usually characterized by having a HIGH fever, 102+ usually, jaw and/or dental pain, extreme unilateral facial pain, headache, and copiuos purulent nasal discharge.

Dude, the visual... make it stop... ACK!!!!
 

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
Joined
·
21,050 Posts
Snappy, thought you worked in a hospital? lots of good samples to be had, i'm sure...

Phys, i love the new av.

-J out
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top