Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Just today a coworker said to me, "I'm looking for a used bike, if you see something on Craigslist let me know". To which I responded, "I have everything I need at the moment so don't expect me to do any shopping for you or myself".

The same logic applies to whatever made-up consumer holiday it happens to be on whichever website/store is promoting it.

I did win a free growler of beer at one of the local breweries. I'll probably swing by there in a day or two.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
i was poking around in there last night, I didn't find anything that I had to have (or that was that good a deal either)

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,949 Posts
Wahoo sensors, car USB lighter transformer, lots of led lamps and fixtures, a co2 gun I have my eyes on... Basically all the good stuff is not in their easily found explore categories

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
So has anyone found anything worthwhile?
yesterday, after walking across the beautiful UW campus to the union bay nature area, i found a garter snake in the tall grass and picked it up to show a couple kids who were both curious and scared at the little, writhing creature. it really made my day to see a snake again and reminded me of growing up in the plains where i caught horned frogs and ring-necks at will.

Reactions: 10ae1203

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
yesterday, after walking across the beautiful UW campus to the union bay nature area, i found a garter snake in the tall grass and picked it up to show a couple kids who were both curious and scared at the little, writhing creature. it really made my day to see a snake again and reminded me of growing up in the plains where i caught horned frogs and ring-necks at will.
I read that reply email and freaked out.... What the hell.... UW? You in WI? Then I saw the name...... Lol we have VERY few snakes here and we live in the middle of 30 acres of mixed hardwoods!

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
I browsed the offerings for a while.

I think the basic Fire tablet is a good deal at its regular price. But there is almost always a couple refurbs available - I have 2, and they have been fine. So, the lower Fire price is not so much of a deal.

I could not find anything else I really couldn't do without. We have been tempted to get a new Keurig, but I keep monkeying with the old one and getting it to work when it gets clogged up.

I am looking for a ceiling fan, but did not see anything worth jumping at. I saw no synths, no guitars of interest.

So, I tried but failed.

I did order some bulk cumin and a wrist watch - along the lines of my usual Amazon shopping - when I realize something I need, I click it into the shopping cart, and order when my bill piles up to "free shipping" level.

·
Proud luddite
7,225 Posts
Our cats at home have been acting up and are generally disrespectful and lazy. I was hoping to find a feline tazer that I can use on them to adjust their attitudes but Amazon had nothing! I am shocked. Shocked, I say!!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
Our cats at home have been acting up and are generally disrespectful and lazy. I was hoping to find a feline tazer that I can use on them to adjust their attitudes but Amazon had nothing! I am shocked. Shocked, I say!!
No, THEY would have been shocked!

·
Boobies!
8,170 Posts
Picked up a couple of small tools--that's all. I looked at the electric mower with interest, but I keep patching up our old one, so it was not a big need.

If the office that I have planned were finished, I might have purchased one of the big monitors that were on sale--but not yet...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Not a Prime member. I shop Amazon, but not that often. I did stop by Harbor Freight yesterday tho. I bought a rivet tool years ago on sale in case I ever need to rivet something. Well now I need to re-rivet a clamp doo-hickey on my Yakima Skybox. Can't find the rivet tool anywhere. So I bought another one. After I finish this rivet job I expect that I will find the old one laying in some obscure place in the garage in a few days. That's how these things usually work out.

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
I didn't even look on Prime day. We have Amazon prime, but I'm not sure it's actually saving me anything anymore so I might cancel. Before we had Prime it seems we got our packages in good time anyway. I don't use any of their music services etc. so that's a wash.

I don't use Ebay anymore either. I'm tired of that process and buying other people's junk or made in China cheap crap so I just pay a bit more and buy quality things I need. Ebay is like a small town flea market full of junk...

·
half-fast
7,386 Posts
This is why I come back.

Reptile-ated for quality poast, also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts