Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
damn this music makes me happy.

And for Daddio:

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts

And finally, it's not Ska but it's great anyway, especially if you only know the Clash's version

·
Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I'm talking 'bout.

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Antonio_B said:
That's what I'm talking 'bout.
That takes me back. In the 1980s I was all about ska. Played in a 2-tone band and when I was in college, did a ska/reggae radio show, which got great request calls from Jamaican ex-pats all over the Delaware Valley. The only down side was that since the station didn't have much depth in its collection all the money I earned over the summer went to building my own library.

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
White boy got the woo-woos.

·
Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fredke said:
That takes me back. In the 1980s I was all about ska. Played in a 2-tone band and when I was in college, did a ska/reggae radio show, which got great request calls from Jamaican ex-pats all over the Delaware Valley. The only down side was that since the station didn't have much depth in its collection all the money I earned over the summer went to building my own library.
Ah but I'd bet it's a library to kill for. The old stuff is hard to come by, isn't it?

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Antonio_B said:
Ah but I'd bet it's a library to kill for. The old stuff is hard to come by, isn't it?
True dat, even though Trojan has done a very nice job re-releasing a lot of the good old material.

My library has gone with the sands of time. I passed it on to my son the DJ and then it disappeared when a big part of his vinyl collection was stolen.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Damn. Some of my favorites have already been spoken for.

Desmond Dekker rules:

Toots ain't bad neither:

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vrONIb9gQ-k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UY8cBtJ37lA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
BAM!

joe

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Fredke said:
BAM in yo face!

// Ever read the thread before posting?

Served.

My internet at work has been acting up and none of the videos loaded. I gambled and lost.

How's about this?

joe

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
Is Hepcat good?

What about Trek?

·
What the Hell is going on
5,155 Posts
+1 for Fishbone. Where are they now?

My 2 cents:

I love that scene from "Sixteen Candles"

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
King Tubby meets the meets the rockers uptown

Augustus Pablo rules the skankin dubs!

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
gutfiddle said:
King Tubby meets the meets the rockers uptown

Augustus Pablo rules the skankin dubs!
If we're going there, no disrespect to Agustus, but there's also Scientist, Mikey Dread, and Dennis Bovell

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Fredke said:
If we're going there, no disrespect to Agustus, but there's also Scientist, Mikey Dread, and Dennis Bovell
damn where did i put my glass bowl.

Lee Perry and Mad Professor

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.