Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sunday I got together with guys from my club. Temps were back down in the '30's with a brisk wind again. We had about 10 riders which is a respectable turnout for this time of year.

After many hours in the saddle this week, this sums up how I was feeling. A well earned rest weeks awaits after this ride.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just chillin on a chilly day...

We started at a nice gentlemen's pace.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That made some people happy...

Bob is all smiles to hear that we won't be climbing today. :)

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could only hope...

I was feeling like the young pup of the group. Some of these guys have been racing longer than I've been alive. They still have plenty of fire left in them. I could only hope to be so blessed as I get older.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some of the bikes...

We had cross bikes, MTBs, carbon, Ti, etc.

Kevin was sporting his MTB after loaning his cross bike to another. His rear lockout wasn't working so we gave him some grief for bouncing around so much. ;)

That Havnoonian is an early carbon tubed / Ti lugged frame.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tip of the day...

...Don't eat yellow snow!

Bob is a little bitter about all this snow hanging around. :eek:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The pace eventually picked up...

John, a 50+ racer, didn't hesitate to pull the group along. He was putting the hurt on a couple people. We made it back to the start after 40 or so miles. A few of the guys went back out for more. I decided I'd had enough.

·
Unrepentant Mountainbiker
624 Posts
Looks like my weather up here!

Wow, sure is cool to have a dedicated group like that to ride with! I know from 1st hand experience how much you can learn from ridin with the old guys. And some of them will just plain hand you your a$$ if your not careful :p !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts