Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

What do womens really want?

• Good guy of course...

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Beat me, whip me, I always come back for more of the bad boy...

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Other women...NTTAWWT. ;)

Votes: 9 23.1%
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about this question for the past few weeks, and Joe's thread made me throw it out there for the lounge to hash out.

It's very easy to be the good guy, but it's much harder to play the bad boy if you're not.

What do women really want? The bad boy or the good guy?

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
the same woman can want both.

she can consciously build her list of traits: good teeth. a job. likes dogs. doesn't beat me or bang other chicks so that it's obvious to everyone.

but then unconsciously, she's still subject to the instincts of the animal: get the alpha male to impregnate me.

alpha characteristics are sometimes confused with a-hole characteristics. heck, many alphas are a-holes. dominant. rough. do whatever and whomever he pleases. tolerate no uppityness from anyone, male or female.

see?

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
There is no answer.

Some women go through phases - they want bad boys and then they grow up and want someone they can talk to and rely on. Many of the girls I knew who grew up to be actual women followed this path.

Some women need the thrill or the abuse forever - they want bad boys all the time. Who knows why, I have a cousin who considers any man who would treat her well to be "boring." She has a deathly fear of being stuck in a conventional relationship involving trust and committment.

Some women never wanted bad boys and only want men that will treat them properly. They figured out there was something to be said for a lack of ill treatment and set their standards high.

Who knows why, it's almost certainly all due to their early life experiences and examples. Or bad brain chemicals.

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Creakyknees said:
the same woman can want both.

she can consciously build her list of traits ... but then unconsciously, she's still subject to the instincts of the animal
In other words...
A Sheldon can do your income taxes. If you need a root canal, Sheldon's your man, but humpin' and pumpin' is not Sheldon's strong suit. It's the name. 'Do it to me, Sheldon.' 'You're an animal, Sheldon' 'Ride me, Sheldon'. It doesn't work.

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
I agree with Andrea who agrees with Henry.

But, here's a related observation: People have trouble getting a date and then blame it on the other gender only wanting jerkfaces / big boobied hobags.

Regardless of gender, people who are needy look for fixer-uppers. People who want control look for people out of control. Opposites attract, and then annoy the crap out of each other. People get together for as many reasons as there are combinations of people. Everyone has their flaws, their needs, and their wants, and sometimes we find our perfect balance.

It's futile to expect a simple question to have a simple answer for a infinitely varied population of people.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,427 Posts
Yes and no and sometimes maybe.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck? (not code)

To turn the question around. How long would you put up with a woman that provided great sex, but treated you like crap, the rest of the time? For most guys, this would cause a total brain meltdown.

·
Burning Fists of Love
6,899 Posts
Poll is incomplete

Fredke said:
In other words...
A Sheldon can do your income taxes. If you need a root canal, Sheldon's your man, but humpin' and pumpin' is not Sheldon's strong suit. It's the name. 'Do it to me, Sheldon.' 'You're an animal, Sheldon' 'Ride me, Sheldon'. It doesn't work.

There is the dreaded ALL OF THE ABOVE OPTION, which is not provided.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,152 Posts
the way i had this explained to me...for MOST women, deep down, they really want the good guy; the mr. right to bring home to mom. for the long run, this is ideal.

BUT...for short-term relationships, it's fine to go with a douchebag, regardless of how bad he gets. this gives the woman a good, valid, respectable reason to dump the *******, should things go too far south. hell, my gf went out with a couple doozies before me and her started dating...her friends have all had asswipe boyfriends. that's not saying they're bad dudes, i mean, they're decent guys. they just wielded some kind of negative power over their relationships; when it was up, the couples split up, and everybody was happy.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
catzilla said:

Agree and agree, and agree again. And I agree with your statement that this is pretty complex stuff.

As for me, I like "bad" good guys. Does that make sense? Like a Bono. Like a guy who has passion about life, living, and the world but has boundaries set in stone.

Character is numero uno in my book.

And character is not a feature emphasized in our modern culture, especially the entertainment industry where so much of life, immitates art.

I once fell for a "nice" guy who was in the middle of a divorce to a nasty, cheating woman and decided to stay in the relationship because he had guts and perseverance. He was not the world's standard of a GQ beautiful man, but the stuff that made him "him" was something of the most beautiful I've ever seen before or since.

To add, women have an easier time I think, looking to insides of a person. This is why "Beauty and the Beast" was written. Not "Big Hairy Misshappen Woman and the Prince."

(butIreallylikespaniardsaboutfivefeetnineortenthatridebikestoo) :)

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
catzilla said:

But, here's a related observation: People have trouble getting a date and then blame it on the other gender only wanting jerkfaces / big boobied hobags.

Regardless of gender, people who are needy look for fixer-uppers. People who want control look for people out of control. Opposites attract, and then annoy the crap out of each other. People get together for as many reasons as there are combinations of people. Everyone has their flaws, their needs, and their wants, and sometimes we find our perfect balance.

It's futile to expect a simple question to have a simple answer for a infinitely varied population of people.
what's wrong with big boobied hobags?

especially if she likes a nice juicy steak.

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
old_fuji said:
the way i had this explained to me...for MOST women, deep down, they really want the good guy; the mr. right to bring home to mom. for the long run, this is ideal.
IIRC, a couple of reports of studies I've seen show that when it's the time of the month when women are at their most fertile, they're more attracted to the alpha male (be it in looks, occupation, etc) and the rest of the time they prefer the stable provider and family man. Probably to be the cuckold. :rolleyes:

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
I'm not sure how I inspired this thread considering I never said much of anything about her ex.

fwiw I never got all that negative of an impression of the guy. I don't understand how some of the larger issues they had were resolved in the span of 6 or 7 months (for example, she's the marrying type, and he isn't/wasn't, she's the child wantin type, and he isn't/wasn't, at least that's what I gathered were the important issues), but if she wants to give it a go, if she needs to know for sure, if she doesn't want to have that in the back of her mind, then that's her decision and she's doing what she feels she needs to do right now. And there's nothing wrong with that. That I'm stuck in the middle is sh*tty and unfortunate, but she's not ditching a good guy for a bad boy, and I dind't mean to imply that this was my concern/that I was whining about some kind of inherent unfairness in me being a nice guy.

joe

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
I'm not sure how I inspired this thread considering I never said much of anything about her ex.

joe
but we think you're a good guy, so the other guy MUST be a d'bag.

hth

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.