Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is due in 3 weeks and has started washing clothes that are 0-3 months. Now, when my first 2 were born I was a selfish young fool, and I really wanted nothing to do with them except what I had to until they could poop on their own. Now I am an older fool, but I am much more appreciative of this stage of the game (it's been 10 years since the last one).

She lays out these tiny little shirts and shorts, socks so small they fit only 1 finger, etc. I know it isn't manly, but they are so darn cute it just makes me smile. I can't wait to meet my new little girl!

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
I have 3 kids and went through the same process. I have a lot of younger friends that are just having kids and when i see the newborn stuff I say the same things. Are we weird?

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
no. tiny clothes are incredibly cute. period.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
Andrea138 said:
Only if they're on a tiny little doggie :D
lol/ugh. i was going to add "unless they are for dogs/cats. then you may have a problem"

:p

·
Registered
86 Posts
Congrats are your new baby girl.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Andrea138 said:
Only if they're on a tiny little doggie :D
clothes on dogs is just plain wrong.

1 exception my be halloween.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
Andrea138 said:
My Jack Russell terrier seems happy when he's wearing clothes. Of course, I've never put shoes or a hat on him, so that may be part of it.
i must admit, watching a dog get used to "snow booties" is one of the funniest things i've ever seen.....

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
24601 said:
I know it isn't manly, but they are so darn cute it just makes me smile. I can't wait to meet my new little girl!
It's the subliminal training you get in Dad school. I still feel that way, and it's been > 20 years.

·
More cowbell!
2,527 Posts
My son started in premie clothes. We have saved 1 or 2 of the outfits just because they're so dang cute. He's 3 1/2 now and his shirt is bigger than the entire premie outfit w/ feet!

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
We don't have kids so I can't relate.

But tiny clothes look good on my tiny wife;-)

·
Opus was just napping
21,671 Posts
VaughnA said:

This...

And the reason...? No kids.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
thatsmybush said:
This...

And the reason...? No kids.
It was a choice as to what I could afford, kids or bikes. Bikes won, cheaper and they don't walk on my lawn.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
get them kids objectifying women early

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
VaughnA said:
It was a choice as to what I could afford, kids or bikes. Bikes won, cheaper and they don't walk on my lawn.
I would give up everything I own, everything that has ever made me happy, every ounce of my being, just to give my kids one more breath. There is nothing that compares.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
VaughnA said:

worthlesswithoutpix

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
24601 said:
I would give up everything I own, everything that has ever made me happy, every ounce of my being, just to give my kids one more breath. There is nothing that compares.
I understand, let's just say that 12 months of medication took away the choice..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts