Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...... to sit and watch the sunrise.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MB1 said:
...... to sit and watch the sunrise.
Of course sooner or later you gotta go to work (but not for much longer now :thumbsup: ).

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
Sweet! I like the first one the best. Can I buy a full-size res. copy from you?

You must've taken them on the trail system across the river from DC? I went by the other day and took a mobile phone picture under the willows there, but I wish I had brought my real camera.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vonteity said:
Sweet! I like the first one the best. Can I buy a full-size res. copy from you?

You must've taken them on the trail system across the river from DC? I went by the other day and took a mobile phone picture under the willows there, but I wish I had brought my real camera.
Those were from a bench on the walk around the Tidal Basin. The Cherry Blossoms are just starting to pop.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
damm, great work.

And I made some amateurish efforts to capture my blooming magnolia tree today. Those will NOT be posted. No comparison.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
MB1 said:
...The Cherry Blossoms are just starting to pop.
Time to clear out of town.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
We're gonna miss these when you're gone.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
jd3 said:
We're gonna miss these when you're gone.
You having him contract killed? :yikes:

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
You definitely live in a target rich environment. You do have an eye that is for sure! LOve the pic's!

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
BentChainring said:
Cheater... you have all those monuments and stuff...
You have Hollywood! The sign and all that, that is.

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
Back in the days before digital camera madness, I decided to give the in-laws a taste of the Florida coast from which they had recently moved.

Every day for a week just before dawn I biked down to the beach with my point and shoot film camera and tripod in tow.

And there I sat waiting for the perfect sunset. Some days it was too cloaked with clouds, other days it wasn't as vibrant as I new it could be. Then, it was juuuuust right.

I snapped about a hundred pictures every few seconds or so, printed them out, and turned them into an old style flipbook for 'em. They loved the gift.

I think they loved it almost as much as I enjoyed the process of making it. To this day, that remains one of my most memorable weeks.

Sunrises = ROCK!

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
catzilla said:
Sunrises = ROCK!
Galen Rowell once said that the most important thing a photographer should know is that there's one sunrise and one sunset per day and it's a sin to waste either one of them.

·
Non non normal
10,100 Posts
I didn't realize we were that close to cherry blossom time since it has been so cold.

I like the first one best.

My favorite part of commuting this time of year is watching the progress of the sunrise. I leave at 6:15 and over the next month I get the whole cycle from darkness to the sun being up.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
catzilla said:
...Every day for a week just before dawn .... I sat waiting for the perfect sunset. ...
Made for a long day at the beach I'm guessing.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fredke said:
Galen Rowell once said that the most important thing a photographer should know is that there's one sunrise and one sunset per day and it's a sin to waste either one of them.
RIP. :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts