Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running the stadium, to be more precise. Up and down stairs.

Been doing it twice a week, so far. This Tuesday it was feeling a little easier so I threw push ups in at the bottom of the stairs.

I woke up today not sore (cept for the arms and shoulders) for the first time since I've been doing it. So I'll do an extra round or two today, or maybe I'll sprint every other column. Plus the push ups.

I'm thinking that the stair running will give me the best bang for the buck. Not to mention that it's in the shade by the time I get out of work. I wore my HRM for the first time while doing it last Thursday and my heart rate was through the roof the entire time. It's a much different feeling than keeping a mellow hr and going for hours on end, like I do with the bike.

Both of my bikes are busticated and I haven't had the cashola to fix them yet, so I was looking for something to do while I got the money and time together. This seems to be working, and tolerable. For running. And for some reason running the stairs seems to be better on my joints than regular running. wtf?

Just ranting!

joe

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
What do you need to fixicate your bikes?

Friends don't let friends run.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
And for some reason running the stairs seems to be better on my joints than regular running. wtf?
Less drop from the height of your step to the cold, hard concrete.

Keep up the good work, and get your goddamn shifter replaced already. Holy ****stick.

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
you need a shifter? i've got a spare DA front shifter collecting dust. pm me if you need it.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
moschika said:
you need a shifter? i've got a spare DA front shifter collecting dust. pm me if you need it.
Just get fixed and forget about the shifters.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
I don't know what happened to me, but now I look forward to running and haven't ridden snce MS150 in April

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i enjoy evening runs. took a while tho.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Parts I got, for the most part. The front shifter is in my garage. I need more time, than anything. Cables and housing and bar tape is about all I've got left to buy, and I'll be able to take care of that after my next paycheck.

The CX bike is second in line because there's so much that needs to be done to it, but it's the one that really has me excited. I've got most everything for that cept the BB, chain, and rear hub. Other than that, that thing just needs a day where I can put it all together.

Today's run was actually fairly nice. I took it easier today because I'm going tomorrow. But the weather here in OC is to die for right now. I'm at home and I'm going to see if I can't convince my dad to let me practice my portraits with him after I shower and eat.

joe

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
uphill running repeats are about the best exercise imaginable for fitting you up in a hurry.
they have been my personal means of kicking off a new training year for over a decade now.

·
Opus was just napping
21,423 Posts
MCF said:
I don't know what happened to me, but now I look forward to running and haven't ridden snce MS150 in April
Welcome to the darkside...there is plenty of room.

//still enjoys mountain biking.

·
hit it
4,006 Posts
Running stairs will build leg strength like crazy... it'll also cut body weight quickly if you are doing it right. 20 minutes a day is a strong serving of HTFU.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
try the stadium stair running, wearing 20 pounds of gear, boots, body armor, a gas mask (on yer face), and carrying a shotgun over your head. ah, those were the days.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts