Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a tummy bug last Sunday, dirty water bottle I think, and have had the squrits all week but its getting better slowly. I went for a ride yesterday and was very flat, I went out again today and felt worse. The week before I had the biggest training week for some time and was feeling really good. Any ideas on when I will come right? I feel like [email protected]#$p right now.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Your body will tell you when your ready to train again. Sometimes a step back will put you ahead. Hope your felling better.

·
hi, I'm Larry
2,254 Posts
Depends on the bug

I still get on the bike after such things, just don't push it. You could do yourself more harm than good. When you feel better then start pushing it a little and work you way back up again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you didn't have a fever, you can ride a bit if you feel it would do you some good, but be carefull not to go to high intensity. That will definitly do you more harm than good.
If you keep it at low intensity, it won't (shouldn't) make much diference for your recovery whether you ride or not.

Get well soon!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've been alternating between illness and injury since freaking October and it's driving me insane. Every time I feel like I have made some real progress, I get the flu, or glands swell up, or some unforeseen physical ailment rears its ugly head. It has been very frustrating. I last did a century in October and felt the best I have ever felt on the bike, and it has been downhill ever since for no apparent reason.

My advice, if it matters, is to relax and forget about it until you are well. Every time I jump the gun and think 75 miles on the bike will scare away the bugs, it comes back again. I've finally started running again with no recurrence, so I hope to be back on the bike tomorrow after yet another two and a half weeks off with more cold and flu.

It has been annoying, to say the least. Bitter? Ohh, just slightly. Take care of your body. And if it lets you down, sit it down and give it a good talking to.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys,

Still sick, I just got back from the Doctor, he thinks ive got Giardia. Great!.
Maybe I should have cleaned my bottles a bit sooner........

·
Registered
130 Posts
Caadrider said:
Still sick, I just got back from the Doctor, he thinks ive got Giardia. Great!.
Maybe I should have cleaned my bottles a bit sooner........
Dang, hope you get well soon. It's pouring here today, no riding yet again. Waaaah.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts