Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sold a trek fuel frame that arrived from another mtbr member this week. The frame is completely roached and is dangerously unridable. Having asked the seller on the phone specific questions regarding the cdondition of the frame before purchase, I know that he lied to me in order to dump it off. I can't ride it I've lost 335 bucks, and so I e-mailed him back to tell him that the frame was busted and that I was willing to pay for the ship back if he would spot me for the initial purchase price. I used paypal, but he just sent me an e-mail that says, I see you got the frame, enjoy!. I totally need a refund, but if he declines, can I get him thrown of the forum or something? I have bought and sold on MTBR for years and I have never had a problem like this. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks -John Harpold

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why I posted here

Hey team sheepshead, The scam/ good trader bad trader forum on mtbr posts to the roadbikereview site. Anyway I finally was able to talk with this guy, he was refusing calls on his cell so I looked up his parents # via the ship address and though reluctant to take the frame back he conceded that it was damaged, he knew it, and he would refund me the money. Oh well, all things considered it is resolved better this way than doing anything else. Relieved in WV, -John Harpold

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
Make a police report. Interstate fraud. Also, rip him a new one with negative feedback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts