Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name the story and author:

"The rain continued. It was a hard rain, a perpetual rain, a sweating and steaming rain; it was a mizzle, a downpour, a fountain, a whipping at the eyes, an undertow at the ankles; it was a rain to drown all rains and the memory of rains. It came by the pound and the ton, it hacked at the jungle and cut the trees like scissors and shaved the grass and tunneled the soil and molted the bushes. It shrank men's hands into the hands of wrinkled apes; it rained a solid glassy rain, and it never stopped."

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
It googles quite easily, so my answering wouldn't be fair.

I'm fed up with the rain as well. Please make it stop. Can't your dog transmit psychic requests to the goddesses asking them to forgive us for whatever transgressions we've commited and give us back our sun?

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,403 Posts
"rain" ????

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
snapdragen said:
Name the story and author:

"The rain continued. It was a hard rain, a perpetual rain, a sweating and steaming rain; it was a mizzle, a downpour, a fountain, a whipping at the eyes, an undertow at the ankles; it was a rain to drown all rains and the memory of rains. It came by the pound and the ton, it hacked at the jungle and cut the trees like scissors and shaved the grass and tunneled the soil and molted the bushes. It shrank men's hands into the hands of wrinkled apes; it rained a solid glassy rain, and it never stopped."
I’m only happy when it rains
I’m only happy when it’s complicated
And though I know you can’t appreciate it

You know I love it when the news is bad
And why it feels so good to feel so sad

Pour your misery down, pour your misery down on me
Pour your misery down, pour your misery down on me

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thinkcooper said:
It googles quite easily, so my answering wouldn't be fair.

I'm fed up with the rain as well. Please make it stop. Can't your dog transmit psychic requests to the goddesses asking them to forgive us for whatever transgressions we've commited and give us back our sun?
I figured it would be pretty easy. It popped into my head as I was trudging into the office this morning. Pant legs are so wet I'm considering a pair of Wellies.:rolleyes:

Chloe seems to like bouncing (yes corgis bounce) around in the rain. Of course, she also likes rolling in dead things, so what does she know?

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
how much rain have you guys gotten? I was just in the path of the storms the tore through the midwest on Sunday night (though the damage around me was nowhere near as bad as other places, like the tragadies in TN). Heck, if a tornado hit my town, it was actually look more clean after the twister than now.

But my backyard is a mess, mud everywhere, between dogs and digging up the porch to pour footers, it is completely trashed.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
lousylegs said:
how much rain have you guys gotten? I was just in the path of the storms the tore through the midwest on Sunday night (though the damage around me was nowhere near as bad as other places, like the tragadies in TN). Heck, if a tornado hit my town, it was actually look more clean after the twister than now.

But my backyard is a mess, mud everywhere, between dogs and digging up the porch to pour footers, it is completely trashed.
We're setting all time records for days of rain here in the bay area. In March, we broke a record for the month that went all the way back to the early 1900s, since they started keeping records of such things. I believe it was 23 days of rain, and we hit 24 this year. Amounts of rain aren't as heavy as other record el nino years, but it just doesn't seem to want to stop.

Rain all this week is going to really mess up the normally warm and sunny Sea Otter Classic.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
I've hit my limit

After it hits Think he sends it up to me in Carson City. I'm finally hit my max of rain and snow. It's coming down again and supposed to be only 2 days this week without it. Nonstop gray skys and muddy everything. Time for some sunshine.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,403 Posts
I had to cheat to see who wrote it. I guessed wrong. I read all his stuff when I was a kid. Lots of crap, but lots of good stuff also.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Ridgetop said:
After it hits Think he sends it up to me in Carson City. I'm finally hit my max of rain and snow. It's coming down again and supposed to be only 2 days this week without it. Nonstop gray skys and muddy everything. Time for some sunshine.
Just you wait for the doozy we're going through today. Big volumes - 1-2" coming in waves of a 1/2" per. Wind. Lightning. Hail. I'll put a ribbon and bow on it as we send your way like a bad xMas fruitcake.

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
Send the rain our way. We need a couple days of soaking rain. Everything is so dry around here for early spring.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thinkcooper said:
Rain all this week is going to really mess up the normally warm and sunny Sea Otter Classic.
Not to mention the Tierra Bella this weekend .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts