Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell how big a tire will fit a Nova frame? I need to be able to use honest 38 mm tires. Sorry I can't check myself; I live in a tiny town and there's a frame on ebay I need to bid on soon. TIA.

·
Daily Commuter
359 Posts
rocky rode said:
Can anyone tell how big a tire will fit a Nova frame? I need to be able to use honest 38 mm tires. Sorry I can't check myself; I live in a tiny town and there's a frame on ebay I need to bid on soon. TIA.
I have the Black/Gold colored Jamis Nova which I think is a 2003 and I run Conti Top Touring 700 x 37 and there is lots of room. I think I can even get fenders on it with those tires but if I recall I get a little rubbing at that size.

·
Tabachoy Boy
20 Posts
rocky rode said:
I have the '05 (black and gray). That size will work fine, with ample room left over.

·
Polka Power
1,346 Posts
I have an '01. I currently have 35s on it. The tightest spot is the chainstays and chainstay bridge, but I still have room there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
A riend of mine was running 40mm michelin sprints, witch are pretty beefy I think for a 40, and they fit ok but he had a little bit of rub on hard corners with low tire pressure. I'd guess a 38 would fit great. I orde this bike a couple of times and I was impressed. It had a great feel to it. I think that more people should make a steel cross bike. It makes more sence for the rough fire roads that I mostly ride my cross bike on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.