Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a new road bike and i was planing on geting the Specialized allez or the trek 1000. I was at the shop today and i was looking at a new 1000 but the owner said it would be a little to big for me, so he went to the back and grabed a 04 jamis quest that fit me real nice. It has full 105 and a carbon fork. He said he would sell it for 750. Would this be a good bike to go with?

·
Polka Power
1,346 Posts
At that price you can't go wrong. My brother owns one and it's a very nice bike.

If it fits you, I say go for it.

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
I often recommend Jamis to budget-minded new riders and that's a great price. Not a particularly well-known manufacturer but has a solid following and that bike will do you for a LONG LONG time. Nothing at that price point can compete... most full 105 bikes start at over $1000.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys. This bike has a smaller front wheel than the back wheel to allow a small frame and keep it stiff. I have never seen this before has anyone else?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been riding a Jamis Quest for 4 years now and luv it. As other posters said it is a sweet bike,comfortable,good handling and priced right. Anew one costs $1,200 or more so you have a good deal there. The only thing I've changed is the saddle to a turbomatic4,a flat top handlebar and wheels to mavic open pros w/ ultegra hus which last longer than dura ace hups.

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
Little Man said:
Thanks for the replys. This bike has a smaller front wheel than the back wheel to allow a small frame and keep it stiff. I have never seen this before has anyone else?

That must be a pretty small frame. Terry uses that trick on its ironically-named Symetry. It beats have toe overlap in front, but will require you to carry two tubes (one of each size)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts