Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jan finish today's stage 10 min back from Horner in Stage 2 of Tour of Romandie. He might as well fake that his knee is still hurting him and take the rest of the year off or retire.

· Registered
1,240 Posts
"Ze Hills are hurting on my kneez!"

Man, he is having an awful start to the racing season. Should already have been racing. I remember reading SOMEWHERE back in January that they would have 2000KM in his legs before Jan1, 2006. And what since?

· Banned
608 Posts
I don't think he is there to anything more than ride in the laughing group. He just wants the kilometers.

· gastarbeiter
1,524 Posts
How Ulrich did in Romandie today is completely irrelevant to how he will do in France this July.

Clark said:
Jan finish today's stage 10 min back from Horner in Stage 2 of Tour of Romandie. He might as well fake that his knee is still hurting him and take the rest of the year off or retire.

· Registered
55 Posts
It is amusing how some folks... in their eagerness to participate in the "Jan Ullrich fat watch" - constantly compare him to people with motivations to win in GC or particular stages...

Ullrich arrived 10 min after Horner - as did the entire autobus. Bradley McGee was also in this group. So... I really don't see what's the big deal.

· Administrator
13,152 Posts
Too many strudel on the team bus!

;)

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I never said that he was overweight. I like Jan alot and I am just saying that all the other big contenders came ready to race and did very well. I just think jan better get moving if he wants to contend this July.

· Former Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
3,151 Posts
It is not irrelevant! It's not the end of the world either. It is a data point.

Having more info would be good too. Any pics? Any knee pain. Did he look tired? Was he faaaaat?

Another day... in Jan Soap Opera watch.

fc

· Premium Member
15,996 Posts
This says it all:

Well, actually it's just a pic of Jan off the back, but, hey.

My HOPE: it's not that he's fat, it's that he actually worked HARD in the winter -- harder than he's used to, and OVERtrained a bit, hurting his knee, and he's trying not to re-aggravate it in Romandie.

If he DNF's the Giro, I see bad things. If he does finish the Monster of May, then there's hope -- especially if Basso wins it.

· Back from the dead
20,800 Posts
Clark said:
Wow, what is impressive. If Horner can hold off Ullrich like that, he may find himself the winner of that big bike race in July.

Oh dammit, my picture is breaking up....

· Registered
1,027 Posts
He's learned alot from Lance in the last couple of years with all the mind games that were going on. My take on it is that he is sandbagging, you know just pretending to suck in this race and all races till the grand boucle. Then he shows his true form and kicks everyones butt! Not!

· Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
I'd like to see Jan be successful this year, but I keep hearing alarms in the back of my mind. The Giro will indeed be a good indicator, and just in the "did he finish" or "did he DNF"

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.