Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
off the back
15,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just caught a few minutes of Jaws on cable. Now, I'm not all that familiar with Robert Shaw's acting career, I know he was pretty well respected as a fine actor, but the few movies I can recall seeing him in, Battle of The Bulge, Force 10 From Navarone, The Deep, The Sting, he was good, but nothing breathtaking.

But oh lord, did he submerse himself into this role, you can't even see Robert Shaw the man, the actor, all you see is that grizzled old fisherman. A real tour de force of an acting job, a performance, and a role, that any actor would sell his soul for. Just the Indianapolis monologue alone............................

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes indeed, the scene on the boat where they're singing, telling jokes and he talks about the sinking of the USS Indianapolis is classic movie telling there. I've always enjoyed that movie with the three of them doing their scenes together. It was too bad that his character died at the end. Robert Shaw is also the heavy in the James Bond movie From Russia with Love if you're a Bond fan.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Yeah! Just watched Jaws again the other night. Love the combination of Scheider, Dreyfuss and Shaw. Really engaging acting!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts