Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Moderatus Puisne
Joined
·
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You recall a couple of years ago I lamented lack of moderately-priced jeans in my size.

I haven't bought any since then, but, I got a couple of gift-cards for my birthday, so I played the good consumer and went to the appropriate shops to pick up some clothing. I've found that fashion has now moved from the baggy extreme, to skinny.

Mens' and womens' jeans now seem to come in "skinny," "super skinny," "pencil," and "cigarette," styles, whatever that means.

On the plus side, this means I can find jeans that actually fit. On the downside, since I don't want calf-sucking hipster wear, I had to reject half of the styles out of hand...
 

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
Joined
·
19,723 Posts
Argentius said:
I don't want calf-sucking hipster wear
I would so like to be able to wear calf-sucking hipster wear, but the sad truth is that I'm middle-aged and fat, so it would look just as desperate as a comb-over and a red sportscar.

That doesn't stop me from admiring the look on young folks who can pull it off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,615 Posts
Argentius said:
Mens' and womens' jeans now seem to come in "skinny," "super skinny," "pencil," and "cigarette," styles, whatever that means.

On the plus side, this means I can find jeans that actually fit.
...

Fantastic. Please get your skinny/super skinny, pencil, cigarette @ss over here and walk on my back.

Btw, calf sucking pants looked retarded in the 80's, and they look retarded now (disclaimer: I'mgrumpyfromachyback)
 

·
Moderatus Puisne
Joined
·
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the look on slender young ladies, but on grown men I can't get behind it.

I think I'd look like some kind of skater-poseur or what have you.
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
Argentius said:
I like the look on slender young ladies, but on grown men I can't get behind it.

I think I'd look like some kind of skater-poseur or what have you.
the cool guys where their sister's/girlfriend's jeans.
 

·
Moderatus Puisne
Joined
·
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OldEndicottHiway said:
Fantastic. Please get your skinny/super skinny, pencil, cigarette @ss over here and walk on my back.

Btw, calf sucking pants looked retarded in the 80's, and they look retarded now (disclaimer: I'mgrumpyfromachyback)
Here's some Virtual Vicodin for you. (-|-) (-|-)

Apart from that, I know fashion is supposed to be cyclical, but, I grew up in the 80's, and that was one decade I wished would stay dead.
 

·
Moderatus Puisne
Joined
·
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No joke

JohnHenry said:
Levi's 527
That is what I am wearing right now.

The low rise means I can wear an even numbered waist, which means they actually produce the "right" size there, but realistically I need another inch of length that they do not make -- or at least, I cannot find.
 
G

·
Skinny jeans will cause a problem.

I already have trouble getting regular jeans over my genetically deformed calves.

Does this mean I will now have to shop for the fatty plus size jeans??? Just to get 'em over my calves??
 

·
Lemur-ing
Joined
·
18,987 Posts
I wear slim cut jeans. I'll never wear super skinny coz I don't like the look and also coz I'll be pulling them up like I'm pulling a pair of leg warmers that are small instead of medium.
 

·
It's all ball bearings
Joined
·
5,258 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Btw, calf sucking pants looked retarded in the 80's, and they look retarded now
+MCXXVII

Emo hipster jeans is one fashion trend that I can't believe managed to catch on. Do these people know how ridiculous they look?
 

·
had it in the ear before
Joined
·
13,965 Posts
wranglers come in slim fit or cowboy cut HTH's
 

·
...?
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
I wear skinny jeans, but I'm also a skinny chick so It works on me. (I'm 5'8" 125lbs, and usually wear a size 6 jean)

I think it should be a skinny person only trend. If you wear a size 10 or larger, you should not be allowed to wear skinny jeans. No one wants to see it.

Approved-
 

·
Moderatus Puisne
Joined
·
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
randi_526 said:
I wear skinny jeans, but I'm also a skinny chick so It works on me. (I'm 5'8" 125lbs, and usually wear a size 6 jean)

I think it should be a skinny person only trend. If you wear a size 10 or larger, you should not be allowed to wear skinny jeans. No one wants to see it.

Approved-
Like I said above, skinny girls can do what they like. I approve of whoever that model is, too.

But it's a fine line. My girlfriend is 5'7", and, um, slender but still with hips. She's...I think like a size 6? 130lbs or something.

She sez the skinny jeans are a total fail for her. I haven't seen, of course...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
My problem is that I can't find pants long enough. I need 30x34 but can only find 30x32 every where I look. Straight/low cut, Levis 514.
 

·
needs more sleep
Joined
·
736 Posts
I was given a pair of skinny jeans...surprisingly comfortable but, I just can't get myself to wear em. Funny how I can get on my bike in Castelli bibs and jersey but can't wear skinny jeans...oh well
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top