Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has to be a favorite of all cyclist. Would have liked to see a longer interview on VS yesterday. I really liked his quote about winning.... Can't remember exactly how it went though... "if you race to win, you might win... if you don't race to win, you won't win" was that it? Can anyone help me out here? Thanks

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I think when Jens gives answers like that, he's probably joking, and being a clown, which i think is hilarious.
Meanwhile, how 'bout Cavs postrace interview with FA? What a putz! I lost total respect for him. He sounded like a 7 year old that just got grounded.

·
imbasilical moreon
1,894 Posts
jhamlin38 said:
I think when Jens gives answers like that, he's probably joking, and being a clown, which i think is hilarious.
Meanwhile, how 'bout Cavs postrace interview with FA? What a putz! I lost total respect for him. He sounded like a 7 year old that just got grounded.
give me a break...

...your 37 yrs old, grow up...stop picking on the little kids..

...what I saw in that interview w/ Cavo as a really tired 23 yr old kid riding the h3ll out of his first TdF...an incredible TdF...

when you were 23 could you ride the race he has so far ???... then put togeather a coherent post race interview when you are tired & dehydrated ??? ... and then have to answer incredibly stoooopid questions from a genuine "putz" like Frankie ??? ...

...anyone could see just how tired he was in yesterday's [7/18] post stage interviews...he's kicked the ever lovin azz of every sprinter for the last few stages, and what he's done on the bike is phenenonal ....

...he could have pulled a Petacchi and left at the first sight of a hill, but he didn't, he finished today's stage...even though he knew he would suffer...even though he knew today's stage profile probably meant he wouldnt be on the line at the finish...

...he's and incredible talent, and for you to call him a "putz" just because he doesn't "do soundbites" like some slick azzhat politician is immature and unfounded...

..the guy is REAL...

b0nk

·
Registered
429 Posts
bonkmiester said:
give me a break...

...your 37 yrs old, grow up...stop picking on the little kids..

...what I saw in that interview w/ Cavo as a really tired 23 yr old kid riding the h3ll out of his first TdF...an incredible TdF...

when you were 23 could you ride the race he has so far ???... then put togeather a coherent post race interview when you are tired & dehydrated ??? ... and then have to answer incredibly stoooopid questions from a genuine "putz" like Frankie ??? ...

...anyone could see just how tired he was in yesterday's [7/18] post stage interviews...he's kicked the ever lovin azz of every sprinter for the last few stages, and what he's done on the bike is phenenonal ....

...he could have pulled a Petacchi and left at the first sight of a hill, but he didn't, he finished today's stage...even though he knew he would suffer...even though he knew today's stage profile probably meant he wouldnt be on the line at the finish...

...he's and incredible talent, and for you to call him a "putz" just because he doesn't "do soundbites" like some slick azzhat politician is immature and unfounded...

..the guy is REAL...

b0nk
Actually, Cavendish is riding his second Tour de France. Jan Ullrich won the Tour de France at age 23. Other than that, I agree with what you say except for the insults.

-ilan

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
jhamlin38 said:

exactly how many Tours have you ridden?

·
imbasilical moreon
1,894 Posts
ilan said:
Actually, Cavendish is riding his second Tour de France. Jan Ullrich won the Tour de France at age 23. Other than that, I agree with what you say except for the insults.

-ilan
..thanks for the correction ... I had forgotten that he rode in the TdF last year for T Mobile .... nonetheless his feats this year are no less impressive ... my intuition tells me he isn't going to "do the Alps"...but that won't change his credibility in my eyes...

now some corrections for you:

...Jawn was doped, so he didn't win anything...ever...he doesn't exist...
...Frankie is the worst cycling journalist in the world...
...a Putz is a miniature Christmas Village...invented in Floyd Landis' home turf...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sprocket - Matt said:
My wife mentioned the other day that if you put Jens' heart into Cadel's body, you'd already have your tour winner....
Yeah, I bet that's totally true. My favorite quote by Jens (I can't remember what interview it was) was when he was explaining that burning/pain in your quads and how he deals with it: "Shut up, legs--do what I tell you to do." This has become my mantra on group rides. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Einstruzende said:
I'd like to hear the reason why someone wouldn't like Jens. I honestly can't think of a good argument against him.
The only thing I can think, is "He destroyed (insert non-CSC GC favorite) on that climb and made him lose time." But you've got to really be rooting hard for some other guy to not like Jens, even when he puts it to your favorite.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Einstruzende said:
I'd like to hear the reason why someone wouldn't like Jens. I honestly can't think of a good argument against him.
hppy4u said:
.in fact if I were to look up to someone I think I would have set my sights a little higher then Jens.
I got in a stupid rift with a wanker- hppy4u- a couple of days ago to where he posted the above quote here: LINK

I didn't know how to respond to that part.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Higher then Jens??? Like Who??

He's one of the best all-rounders in the sport...
He's on one of the best teams in the sport...
He's always spoken about with high regards from his teammates...

You'd have to pick Bob Marley if you wanted to get all that much higher then Jens...

·
Registered
159 Posts
karatemom said:
Yeah, I bet that's totally true. My favorite quote by Jens (I can't remember what interview it was) was when he was explaining that burning/pain in your quads and how he deals with it: "Shut up, legs--do what I tell you to do." This has become my mantra on group rides. :)
That's awesome. I love that. :) Thanks for sharing it. Anyone know where I could see that interview?

Eric

·
Overtaxed RBR member
475 Posts
RkFast said:
Voight, I beleive is the ONE rider that if I found out doped I know Id lose my passion for this thing.
I lost a lot of my passion when the world found that Johan Museew doped. He was the best over the cobbles. I would have liked to have seen him do a world cup mountain bike race.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.