Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Daylight Fading
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously. He's feeling down today. Well, not so much "down" as pissed off. He's feelin' all outta shape and such. Could have somethin' to do with not ridin' and then gettin' whoop-arsed in a race recently. I tried to console him. He's only been on his bike 14 times since December so what could you expect, exceptin' he did whoop my arse in a MTB race recently....me with 2000 miles in my legs, him with 35 or so. Anywho, if you know him, or even if you don't call or e-mail or post some words of encouragement. He's not feeling worthy of that nice Richard Sach's cross rig that he trundles about on.

I can only imagine what he's bloggin' about.

BT

·
eat live sleep cross
418 Posts
he's just messing with ya... at least this time I'm not the one getting punked

so, eyebob, why did you feel the sudden urge to remove a seat bag 15 seconds before the start of a 30k time trial???? huh????

LMAO

·
Registered
712 Posts
jerry_in_VT said:
your so swell, eyebob.

the ride total is no lie. the TT result is no lie either. g'damn I hate TTs.
I should add, I am right on track for my 40 rides by suckerbrook. I would not characterize my feelings as pissed off or down. this is merely eyebobbies feeble attempt to deflect attention from his frantic tool pouch removal attempt that resulted in him missing his start time by about 15 seconds....

·
Daylight Fading
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you kidding me?

Dropping the pouch at the last second may have saved me 15 seconds......at least as much as shaving my legs did.

bt

·
Not Banned
49,249 Posts
I still have the Velonews

jerry_in_VT said:
nope, i am riding Page's Napa winning bike. Sachs "Page #6" which was the last frame he built for JP based on feedback etc.

Its alright.....
with that bike (and rider) on the cover, did you keep the Nats fork or switch it back?
awesome day.

·
Registered
712 Posts
atpjunkie said:
with that bike (and rider) on the cover, did you keep the Nats fork or switch it back?
awesome day.
I rode it that way casually for a couple years, I was not riding much then. I put the original fork back on a couple years ago when I started racing, and I had to replace all the other parts that still had the Napa mud.

Richard would have beaten me about the head and neck if I was out in public with the Kinesis on there. Plus, it jacked the front end up by like an inch and totally screwed the handling.

·
Not Banned
49,249 Posts
yeah that is what I heard from JP and atmo

jerry_in_VT said:
I rode it that way casually for a couple years, I was not riding much then. I put the original fork back on a couple years ago when I started racing, and I had to replace all the other parts that still had the Napa mud.

Richard would have beaten me about the head and neck if I was out in public with the Kinesis on there. Plus, it jacked the front end up by like an inch and totally screwed the handling.
but they needed the mud clearance

terrible, lugged steel frame, after market fork that pooched the geometry
didn't someone tell him you can't win National Championships on a bike like./...errr nevermind

·
Registered
712 Posts
atpjunkie said:
but they needed the mud clearance

terrible, lugged steel frame, after market fork that pooched the geometry
didn't someone tell him you can't win National Championships on a bike like./...errr nevermind
Actually, the early forks were shorter in the crown area and thus not as good in mud, but by this iteration (number 6) Richard had raised the crown specifically based on JPs comments and that is the design I think he still uses today. He could confirm, but that is my recollection.

Mine is also the frame with the rear derailleur cable stop torn off the seatstay from some Czech dude in a World Cup. This was his favorite frame for geometry reasons, so he had the stop brazed back on in Belgium. Never got it repainted. I had to clear coat over it for rust.

I wonder if this is the only RS frame that A. Broke and B. was "built" to a degree, as a result of the repair, by a pair of hands other then Richard hisdamnself. Hmmm....

Just lucky for me that I have long arms at 5'7" and JP has a hunchy back and short arms at about 5'9" and likes a tiny frame, so I can make it work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.