Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I'm a 189cm / 6'2 tall fella and I weight around 72kg / 155lb, so I'm a lanky guy. I have trouble finding jerseys that fit me. If I chose jerseys by my waist, they are often too short and if I go by my height the jerseys are baggy.

Could you guys recommend me some cheap jerseys that might fit me! I'm placing an order at PBK soon, so maybe they have something I could get? I'm looking to get long and short sleeves.

Thanks heaps!

-Olli

ohh and off toppic, but about the Nalini bib shorts. I'm looking to get size 5, but I'm not sure if the suspenders are long enough for me?

·
Dirty. Nerdy. Unemployed.
1,521 Posts
olli said:
Hey guys!

I'm a 189cm / 6'2 tall fella and I weight around 72kg / 155lb, so I'm a lanky guy. I have trouble finding jerseys that fit me. If I chose jerseys by my waist, they are often too short and if I go by my height the jerseys are baggy.

Could you guys recommend me some cheap jerseys that might fit me! I'm placing an order at PBK soon, so maybe they have something I could get? I'm looking to get long and short sleeves.

Thanks heaps!

-Olli

ohh and off toppic, but about the Nalini bib shorts. I'm looking to get size 5, but I'm not sure if the suspenders are long enough for me?
Bib shorts are the answer to short jerseys. The bibs should be elastic enough to where the suspenders wont cause a problem. I'm just shorter at 6'1 and I haven't had a problem with bibs.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
The answer is "alterations"

Buy a jersey that's long enough, and take it in so it's narrow enough. If you're not handy with a sewing machine, any competent tailor should be able to handle it.

I've always found Performance house-brand jerseys to be excellent value.

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
well, I am 6'2 but I weigh around 185ish to 190, BUT I used to be your weight around 6-8 years ago. I think the Castelli ProLogo jerseys are a bit longer (I have 3 or 4).

It's going to take a little work by you. Go to various retail websites and take look at the size charts for the jersey length on individual jerseys[/I] That should help more than anything. Another reason to like the Castelli Pro Logos is the sleeves fit my skinny arms:)

·
Inching to 1000 (again)
1,048 Posts
I’ve been periodically asking that question and haven’t gotten much in the way of a response. I’m 6’4”/170 with a long torso. In general, the Euro brands are a better bet. I’ve had some luck with Campy, but they are very expensive. Their size labeling is also inconsistent. I just ordered an XL like a did the year before. This one fit more like a medium, while the other was perfect. It’s on it’s way back. I found an XL Louis Garneau in a local shop that fit quite well and it cost less than half of what I overpaid for the Campy. The Gores I’ve tried are very short in the waist. PIs are a bit blousey. In short (no pun intended) you have to go to the shops and try things on.

And yes, bibs help. Has anyone found bibs that have longer than usual straps? It takes me about two years to stretch a pair to the point that they don’t dig into my shoulders while giving me a wedgie.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Good topic. I wanted to subscribe to this thread to hear responses.

In response to the Bib solution, I have found that Yes, bibs reduce the sunburn you may get from having exposed torso, but it is not a solution that works for me.

I want a jersey that fits! Having to throw my shoulder out of socket to get into my jersey pockets is not a viable solution. Tailoring an oversized jersey is one option, but I would rather find a ready-made solution...I would like to believe that there is a brand/model available to non-overweight tall guys.

·
Registered
62 Posts
you'll probably have to settle

I'm 6'8 and around 230, tall and skinny. I have run into this same problem, and unless you are willing to spend some money on a custom made jersey then you'll have to settle for what works for most people. I have contacted a local company called blackbottoms. I have never purchased anything from them, but they said they could make me a longer jersey, they mentioned they have made some clothing for Shawn Bradley(NBA) in the past. So if you have money to burn, I don't, this may be an option. As for myself, I have found that if i buy race fit/cut jerseys they fit better they are a little tighter, so if I order the largest sizes, usually xxl, they work ok. As others have said bibs are also key. They allow jerseys that are a little too short to work, and they are more comfortable. These are the jerseys I have and how they fit. Adidas-on the short side but fits, Giordana-the shortest of my jerseys, I have some voler jerseys and they probably fit the best. I also have a performance jersey, it is the largest, but also the most baggy. I think you should be able to find some jerseys that fit pretty well, you're not really that tall... :)

147 Posts
I'm 6'3" and a little change and weight 183. Looking at these messages and knowing my own experience over 15 years and about 20 pounds I can say you're just not going to find a jersey that fits you like it does some 5'9" dude. Every jersey maker creates their larger sizes - from large on - with more room in the chest, shoulders and waist.

I know, I know - we all want longer, not bigger - well, my friend, this is how it is.

Here are some of my thoughts on various manufactures:
Castelli - their size large I can get away with and it's fairly form fitting and not too narrow in the shoulders

Giordona - Same thing, size Large fits OK. A little loose in the tummy area, but it works.

Voler - this is my current team wear. Works alright, fits OK, in large, but is a bit too short. Problematic only when reaching for pockets cause they are too high.

Champion System - My older kit, great fit in large, not too tight and not too loose, problem is, way, way too short. Waist area starts way above my bellybutton.

Rapha - Stay away. Way, way, way too big in the waist. Good in shoulders, OK in chest, I don't know what they were thinking in the waist. Even the compression strings don't do anything. Worst of the bunch and the most expensive.

Those are my thoughts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts