Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a jersey from a ride across the U.S. that I did a couple of years ago. The front has the logo of the group I rode with, plus some other logos of sponsors. The back shows the route we took in the form of a map with dots for each major town through which we passed. I want to frame it so the front shows completely & I want to cut the map out of the back & put it below the jersey in the same frame.

Anybody got any ideas on how to do this & make it look good?

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
How important is it to you? If it's meh, have at it, but if it's really important go professional. $100-$200 and perfect...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How important is it to you? If it's meh, have at it, but if it's really important go professional. $100-$200 and perfect...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been shopping around & I've gotten quotes from $250 to $350. It's important, but not that important. I might give it a try if I don't get any good suggestions.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Quilters are Artists and they know about cutting up T-shirts and presentation. If you know somebody like that ask them. However if it were me I would just frame with the front showing and I would just go to Michaels and buy a frame.

·
Registered
8,779 Posts
How about pressing the intact jersey between two pieces of glass and either buy or make a frame of some nice wood with a groove milled into it. This is how stained glass is framed in wood.

This system would work best if you have somewhere to hang it so both sides can be seen. I was able to hang some stained glass over a kitchen counter using this system and it it's a good look.

Wood Hardwood Wood stain Beige Tan

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
I was thinking the same as velodog. You could mount the frame to the wall on hinges so that you could flip it easily, or create an outer frame the that inner frame w/jersey could be hinged to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts