Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, long time reader here, first time poster. I'm going to be graduating from college in May, and am moving to Portland (a major reason of which is the riding) with two friends. We're all in the process of looking for jobs, and were wondering if anyone had any contacts within companies that are hiring. Degrees and interests are detailed below. Just so you know, we're not looking for someone to GIVE us a job, just a phone number or an email, just a piece of contact info to supplement the usual job hunt process. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Any general information on the Portland area would also be helpful (what to do, where to live, what to avoid, etc.). Here's the promised breakdown of the three people:

Nathan: Graduating from Rochester Insitute of Technology in May 2006, with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. Would like an entry level engineering position in manufacturing or quality engineering. Also willing to consider other, non-traditional engineering positions in companies that need someone with strong analytical skills and problem solving background.

Dave: have a BS in Economics and a very strong technical background in computers. I'm looking for a entry level job in public policy analysis and formation, or a job that would act as stepping stone to a position in that field. I am also open to a professional level job in the bike industry, having two years of shop experience as a mechanic and being an expert level racer.

Jackie: I have a B.F.A. in Film-Animation from RIT with an emphasis in 3D Computer Animation. I'm looking for an apprenticeship/internship/entry-level position at a studio or company that would expose me to the different areas of production so I can decide on which area I would most enjoy and would like to focus my career on. Any contacts at production and post-production companies, studios, television stations, or advertising firms would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Please send any information to [email protected]

Nathan

1 - 1 of 1 Posts