Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The girl I've been seeing for the past two months just told me that her and her ex are going to give it another shot.

I thought this had a lot of promise. She did too, at least until last night when they had their conversation.

I'm stunned. Didn't see this coming.

jor

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
dude, that sucks.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
The girl I've been seeing for the past two months just told me that her and her ex are going to give it another shot.

I thought this had a lot of promise. She did too, at least until last night when they had their conversation.

I'm stunned. Didn't see this coming.

jor
That part wasn't true, Joe. If she had shared your aspirations for your relationship, the conversation she had w/ her ex would have been inconsequential. I think her actions trumped her words, no?

Tough break. chin up, bud

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. That sucks. There are many things about single life that I reminisce about, break-ups are not one of them.

Think of it this way though, now that you're her ex, you can convince to give it another shot with you.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
Ouch.

Have a drink on me, and slot this in the 'better to find out now' bin.

If you are in the mood to be hopeful... In time, she'll likely remember why he's the ex.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Joe, so sorry there my friend. Truly her loss though. They were ex's for a reason and she will learn the hard way her mistake in getting back together with him. I don't believe in the "whole lotta fish in the sea" pep talk because it doesn't work. I know there IS someone out there for you buddy. Hell, if I can find and marry my best friend I know you can too. Until then I got you this

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Dang. That's a total drag.

Though it probably won't help: Fish in the sea, too good for her, yadda yadda.

We got your back, man, so try again.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think that the worst thing is that this was totally out of the blue. It was like slamming face first in to a brick wall while running along incredibly happy.

Total suckage.

joe

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
Sorry, Joe, almost all of us have been there in some form. Wallow for a bit then work on the future. We all know you're a great guy and will end up with some lass that you deserve.

·
It's all ball bearings
5,258 Posts
Bummer bro.

//hurry up and go out and find another one before you get too emo though. Ride this wave into the next one.

/// my best buddy from the east coast was dating a gal who he really liked a LOT and last week (after about a month of dating) she called things off between them... her reason: "I think I like you TOO much and if we were to keep going as we have been I think we would would end up together forever...and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that right now." :mad2:

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
danl1 said:
In time, she'll likely remember why he's the ex.
My non-bacony thoughts exactly.

Single friends talk to me about dating, like I know something since I've been with the same guy since I was 16, which by definition, makes me completely inexperienced when it comes to dating.

It's freaky how often someone decides to ditch a bad relationship, get into a decent one, and then begin to miss all the drama of the bad one. They don't say it like that, but that seems to be the case. The good memories overshadow the bad, and the bad traits of the ex are either forgotten or seen as magically changed (even though nothing has changed, which means nothing has changed).

So, sorry. You're obviously a good guy. You've got a *****in' beard and a sweet set of plaid shirts. You can play guitar, have a big brain (k0d3) and some stylee Costello glasses. And, you're comfortable in your own skin. These are rare traits and whether you realize it or not, you sir, are a chick magnet.

Her loss.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe it seems odd that I'm so distraught over a two month relationship, but this was really the first time that I'd put myself out there like this in years, ever since I got completley hosed with my last relationship.

The first person I've taken down some of the walls for, and it ended so quickly and awkwardly and without any really visible crack. Just kind of blew my mind.

joe

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
Maybe it seems odd that I'm so distraught over a two month relationship, but this was really the first time that I'd put myself out there like this in years, ever since I got completley hosed with my last relationship.

The first person I've taken down some of the walls for, and it ended so quickly and awkwardly and without any really visible crack. Just kind of blew my mind.

joe
You gotta keep the walls down. If they do something stupid well that is them, not you. You are a better person when you let folks into your life and let them see the real you. Sucks to wear your heart on your sleeve somedays but the rewards can be quite great as well.

·
Cap'n of Industry
1,753 Posts
Yeah well she would have probably told you lots of high school stories over and over. Some people are just comfortable in the past, even if it sucked. Don't fall into the trap of being the ex she wants back in 6 weeks. Only advice I have is have some beers and start lookin around.

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
JoeDaddio said:

For what it's worth, two months is still too early to be able to read someone completely, even if it's not too early to care for them deeply. Getting blind-sided is only natural, and doesn't reflect on you or the two of you at all (but, again, what the [email protected] do I know?)

Anyway, I read what you wrote and what stands out to me is that you put yourself out there and took down some walls. Maybe that was the purpose of this relationship.

I hate cliches, but some of them resonate in my brains none-the-less:

People come into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. Or, sometimes, they just want to steal your bacon.

·
Anti-Hero
10,343 Posts
catzilla said:
...These are rare traits and whether you realize it or not, you sir, are a chick magnet.

Her loss.
x11ty & whatnot.

Also, once she does remember why she broke up w/her ex and she calls you up, think about how you feel now and send her to straight voicemail... then delete the voicemail without even listening to it.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
I've met you. You're awesome, and sexy as hell. This chick is completely out of her mind.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts